Kentucky Pleasure

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
I don't have Street Sense about hawses; but did you see that hawse run? Spectacular beast, jockey, trainer. I had tears in my eyes for the rider who stood straight up, early, when he knew he had it in the bag. Fabulous, coming from 19th position.

HR

I don't have Street Sense about hawses; but did you see that hawse run? Spectacular beast, jockey, trainer. I had tears in my eyes for the rider who stood straight up, early, when he knew he had it in the bag. Fabulous, coming from 19th position.

HR
That was the first time I ever gave in and watched the Derby. He came from behind... NINETEEN behind! It was an awesome finish and I'm glad I caught it. If I were that jockey, I don't think I'd sleep for days.

There is nothing more uplifting--no, that's to tame, let's try throat-sore screaming, crying and jumping up and down at the rail like a maniac--- than the come from behind stretch run and the winning horse and rider plastered with mud. It's really a story in heart and courage.

I wish Street the best!

Quite a race. "The thrill of victory" was written all over that jockey this afternoon.

Back