Kentmorr 3W3

Nice!

Friendly reminder to check NOTAMS, they frequently close the field to visitors after a rain due to Eastern Shore soil characteristics (they will list closure for a month or more, but then pull the NOTAM in a few days if things dry out).

We haven't been there in a while, but we LOVE that place. We flew there with our 30!b German pinscher, Neci. They seated us outside in the shade. We had a wonderful time, a great meal, and the waitress brought Neci a bowl of ice water! That is good service! That was about 10 years ago. Neci has since passed and our new dog doesn't like to fly. Oh well!

Nice!

Friendly reminder to check NOTAMS, they frequently close the field to visitors after a rain due to Eastern Shore soil characteristics (they will list closure for a month or more, but then pull the NOTAM in a few days if things dry out).
Speaking of diversions from Kentmorr, there's a decent little seafood takeout place (Stevensville Crab Shack) located just on the north side of the runway 29 threshold at Bay Bridge Airport. Is there a gate from the new northside parking ramp?

I'm planning on washing the airplane this week but thought making a trip across the bay would be a good way to dry it off.

Speaking of diversions from Kentmorr, there's a decent little seafood takeout place (Stevensville Crab Shack) located just on the north side of the runway 29 threshold at Bay Bridge Airport. Is there a gate from the new northside parking ramp?

I'm planning on washing the airplane this week but thought making a trip across the bay would be a good way to dry it off.

There is, but it is key card access only, and transient parking is still on the south side. If you arrive during business hours Tuesday - Saturday, you can get a ride in the county truck across the runway to the gate. Saw the sign just yesterday: "The Shack is Back!" Take out only, EDIT: and they have shut down the picnic tables, so you’ll have to use the ones out by the big hangar.

Last edited:
I didn't know about the north ramp at W29. What's the hangar situation there?

I didn't know about the north ramp at W29. What's the hangar situation there?

With the three new T-hangar buildings on the north side, there is no longer a 7 year wait (like I had). It appears to me that those that have wanted a hangar get one in relatively short order, both commercial operations are using several of them to keep the big hangars available for maintenance. Call Linda, the manager, she'll give you the straight scoop.

There is, but it is key card access only, and transient parking is still on the south side. If you arrive during business hours Tuesday - Saturday, you can get a ride in the county truck across the runway to the gate. Saw the sign just yesterday: "The Shack is Back!" Take out only, EDIT: and they have shut down the picnic tables, so you’ll have to use the ones out by the big hangar.

The deli/gas station to the right just outside the airport exit has pretty good sandwiches. If you can't get a ride over to the Crab Shack, you have to walk alongside the road...there's a shoulder but traffic tends to cut over onto it as others pull into the Shore Stop gas station. The grass strip next to the road is walkable, but can be pretty thick during the summer. If you can get into Kentmorr, the restaurant is easier to get to and the food's pretty good.

The hangars on the north side filled up quickly. Although Linda could give you the straight scoop, I know several people based there who've been waiting at least a couple years for a hangar.

Went back to Kentmorr on Saturday. The restaurant is doing patio seating now. Got burgers with my son and brought home crabcakes for dinner. The gas money to fly there was the cheapest part.

Back