Kenny G performs mid-flight

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan

"It may not have been on the in-flight entertainment program, but the soothing sounds of Kenny G filled the cabin of a Delta flight Saturday morning.

Passengers on board the Los Angeles-bound flight from Tampa were treated to an impromptu live performance by the famed saxophonist.

Kenny G was seated next to an off-duty flight attendant who lost a daughter to brain cancer, according to a passenger. The famed musician agreed to perform a spontaneous concert if passengers helped raise $1,000 for a cancer charity.

They ended up raising $2,000 for “Relay for Life” and the Grammy-winning artist fulfilled his promise, walking up and down the aisle as surprised passengers enjoyed the mile-high jazz serenade

Kenny G was in Tampa for a performance Friday night at Coachman Park in Clearwater."
-Source NBC News

This isn't the first time he's played spontaneous concerts like this.

Read in a magazine this month he's a pilot! Not my type of music, but he seems like a good guy!

Read in a magazine this month he's a pilot! Not my type of music, but he seems like a good guy!

You just summarized 45 minutes of response I was about to type up. I did not know he was a pilot. I have new respect for him.

I didn't know that! He's got a lot of talent, although it's not necessarily my genre of music either.

Probably 1988 or so, I was working as a line guy, he flew into HFD from Long Island with his instructor in his Glasair. Seemed pretty nice.

I marshalled him in his amphib beaver when I worked on the ramp. He seemed like an alright guy. The real story here though is the number of people filming in vertical mode on that flight. Don't people know that you are supposed to film in landscape ?

Last edited:
Nothing helps being stuck in a metal tube with a bunch of cramped meat sacks like having music playing to simulate an elevator ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he does that on my flight, I think I'd say "Mr. G, by all accounts, you seem to be a great person, I applaud your success, and I'm also glad to hear you are a pilot. Could you please, Mr. G, for the love of all that is good and holy, stop blowing air into that soprano sax?"

I marshalled him in his amphib beaver when I worked on the ramp. He seemed like an alright guy. The real story here though is the number of people filming in vertical mode on that flight. Don't people know that you are supposed to film in landscape ?
72234519.jpg

People are morons.

So did Barry Manilow. Just sayin'

I would have slapped on my ANR Headset and tuned into John Coltrane. Nice gesture though.

Cheers
But KG's are INSTRUMENTAL albums, which are generally less popular. Sure he's no Trane and doesn't try to be him, but most people don't have the ears to appreciate 'serious' jazz anyway.

Kenny G walks onto an elevator. "Man, this place rocks!"

Seriously thought, very talented guy and a cool thing for him to do.

Geez guys. I love Kenny G's music. Saw him in concert back in the early 90s. Great show.

Back