Kelsey Berreth

I do hope for the best for all involved, especially for the beautiful and perfect baby. I wish the families receives peace soon.

However, @weilke and @Grum.Man, with what information are you using to promote your accusation? Do you have important information regarding this case? If so, you should be providing this information to the handling agency, immediately. If not, well frankly, stop promoting guilt in lieu innocence with little information, we live in America.

The #1 goal of this forum is to show respect, and personal attacks are prohibited. I believe your comments violate the forum's RoC. I also challenge you to make a commitment to yourselves that involves promoting the basic philosophy of Good Will towards all, and the American fundamental right of the Presumption of Innocence.

Please consider revising your statement's energy to help promote an outcome to the families involved that is as favorable as possible. These families deserve your good energy and love! I truly believe us PoA'ers are inherently kind, and we should be adding Good energy to this unfortunate situation.

I do hope for the best for all involved, especially for the beautiful and perfect baby. I wish the families receives peace soon.

However, @weilke and @Grum.Man, with what information are you using to promote your accusation? Do you have important information regarding this case? If so, you should be providing this information to the handling agency, immediately. If not, well frankly, stop promoting guilt in lieu innocence with little information, we live in America.

The #1 goal of this forum is to show respect, and personal attacks are prohibited. I believe your comments violate the forum's RoC. I also challenge you to make a commitment to yourselves that involves promoting the basic philosophy of Good Will towards all, and the American fundamental right of the Presumption of Innocence.

Please consider revising your statement's energy to help promote an outcome to the families involved that is as favorable as possible. These families deserve your good energy and love! I truly believe us PoA'ers are inherently kind, and we should be adding Good energy to this unfortunate situation.

I'm guessing reading comprehension isn't your strong suite. I feel personally attacked by you I will be suggesting your banning immediately :rolleyes:

I wish to recall a portion my post. My position has changed in the matter. I no longer have an opinion regarding how one should post on this forum. My post was a knee-jerk reaction from past personal experience. And while it felt good to pound out the post initially, I feel now it isn't thoughtful, helpful, informative, necessary, or kind. I did not take offense, but was defending the presumed innocent. My apologies to @weilke and @Grum.Man. I certainly still wish peace to the families.

Last edited:
There are lots of missing pieces, but unfortunately all indications are this will not have a happy ending. She's evidently estranged from both the ex and her family, no one reported her missing for a week after Thanksgiving and her not looking for her baby, so either that wasn't unusual or no one cared to notice. Someone texted her boss and said she was taking a week off, from Idaho, but her car's in Colorado. So she either took off with someone, or someone who knew who to text was covering tracks (ex? AF student?). Sad situation all around.

She's probably just on a little vacation. Not the first time someone wanted to just disappear from everything and everyone. My bet is that she'll pop up soon.

Probable cause? Lots of reasons people go missing - sometimes because they want to.

Oh common, in Casa Blanca they at least rounded up the usual suspects. Of course it is rather easy to establish you are not 600 miles away on the date the phone ping was received.

I am just going off the historical average. Sure, it's possible that a young mom is abducted by the russian GRU or the cartels, but 90% of the time it's the boyfriend . In this case there is already enough odd stuff about the 'fiancee' popping up that I am not expecting an elaborate scheme perpetrated by an outside party.

I am just going off the historical average. Sure, it's possible that a young mom is abducted by the russian GRU or the cartels, but 90% of the time it's the boyfriend . In this case there is already enough odd stuff about the 'fiancee' popping up that I am not expecting an elaborate scheme perpetrated by an outside party.

Who said a street kidnapping has to be elaborate? Snatch and run can be quick, given the opportunity and a twisted enough mind.

Who said a street kidnapping has to be elaborate? Snatch and run can be quick, given the opportunity and a twisted enough mind.

To keep a hostage alive for a week requires logistics.

Few people who run away have the foresight and resources to cover their tracks. Their credit card hits from the airport, their cell links to a network without them noticing etc.

This doesn't look good and it will be the same sad story that it has been many times before.

I still don't understand the call to her work. doesn't make any sense.

It was either her, on her way to wherever she is, or someone who'd know who to text to say she wasn't coming in attempting to create an alibi. IOW, someone close to her. Like say, the last person known to have seen her, trying to establish that she was still alive much later and far away.

time for what?

I'm leaning more towards the txts are a way for the hubby to say "hey, the txts were made in Idaho and I was in Colorado".

Two things to buy time for, depending on circumstances. Maybe more, but these two occurred to me:
  1. Time for her to get further away and hide;
  2. Time for the snatcher to get away from the scene, establish an alibi and hide the victim (alive or dead)
Maybe others.

To quote the stupid insurance commercial: Because that's what you do if you killed someone and now you want to make it look like they walked away on their own terms.

Daily Mail... not exactly the most trustworthy source. Praying for a good outcome.

They are better at local U.S news stories like this than U.S. based media is by a long shot.

@tawood would have this sht solved already.
I actually had a missing female case eerily similar to this case back in June. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE (outside of the police department) was ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED that the boyfriend killed this missing girl...to the point that this poor guy was getting death threats, etc. In fact, there is still a website run to this day about her disappearance, and how the boyfriend killed her and got away with it, thanks in part to stupid detectives like me....
The only thing was, we knew for fact it wasn't true. The boyfriend had a rock-solid alibi, and was genuinely concerned about his girlfriend. He admitted that they had their share of problems, detailed every argument they ever had, etc. He opened up his home to us 24/7. He let us crawl up his arse, and we practically did. He was a very weird dude, but I was confident he didn't do anything to her.
Then I started checking her routine: I found the girl on some super high definition video, surfing the internet on her phone, right before she disappeared (the video was so detailed I could actually make out some of what she was searching). I completed a search warrant for the phone records, and saw that she was googling how to shoot yourself in the head; very morbid stuff can be found on the internet...she was found dead several days later out in a wooded area about 20 miles from her home, with a self-inflicted gun shot wound to the head.
You can show people the video, with the date and time stamp, the phone records with matching date and time, the ME report, etc, and they still want to believe a more nefarious version...something to do with human nature I think. Or maybe too much Law and Order.

Last edited:
I actually had a missing female case eerily similar to this case back in June. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE (outside of the police department) was ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED that the boyfriend killed this missing girl...to the point that this poor guy was getting death threats, etc. In fact, there is still a website run to this day about her disappearance, and how the boyfriend killed her and got away with it, thanks in part to stupid detectives like me....
The only thing was, we knew for fact it wasn't true. The boyfriend had a rock-solid alibi, and was genuinely concerned about his girlfriend. He admitted that they had their share of problems, detailed every argument they ever had, etc. He opened up his home to us 24/7. He let us crawl up his arse, and we practically did. He was a very weird dude, but I was confident he didn't do anything to her.
Then I started checking her routine: I found the girl on some super high definition video, surfing the internet on her phone, right before she disappeared (the video was so detailed I could actually make out some of what she was searching). I completed a search warrant for the phone records, and saw that she was googling how to shoot yourself in the head; very morbid stuff can be found on the internet...she was found dead several days later out in a wooded area about 20 miles from her home, with a self-inflicted gun shot wound to the head.
You can show people the video, with the date and time stamp, the phone records with matching date and time, the ME report, etc, and they still want to believe a more nefarious version...something to do with human nature I think. Or maybe too much Law and Order.

Odd -- I was thinking a similar outcome with this one before you even posted.

Really weird story. They have a child together, live separately but nearby, and are engaged to be married. There could be (and likely are) solid explanations/reasons for all of that. She is a flight instructor who dropped her 1 yr old baby off with her fiancé/child’s father on Thanksgiving Day. Flight school was very likely closed that day, as she was a good hour away from her work airport and had been seen on camera at the grocery store. Fiancé delayed reporting her missing, and, in fact, did not- it was her mother who called the Sheriff. Fiancé doesn’t act in a manner that falls within social norms for these types of stressful events. Mother, if alive, walks away from job, fiancé and 1 yr old child, which is not typical. I’m not saying that none of these things ever happen; what I’m getting at is that so many unusual things all happened at the same time that it makes it seem very suspicious of foul play. The phone being pinged in Idaho is very strange, especially since it was 500 miles from where her mother lives. That seems like an attempt to lay a false clue. Whole thing is weird.

If she was a CFI at Doss she would have contact with a whole lot of young guys who want to be fighter pilots. Any number os scenarios possible.

Fiancee arrested. I think even Stevie Wonder saw that coming.

RIP Kelsey.

Back