Keith/Air Comm vs Goodrich/Kelly Air Conditioning

David Underwood

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
asynchronism
Hi All,

Does anyone have any comparative info or experience on the two aftermarket AC systems for Cessna? Air Comm / Keith seems to be the OEM for Cessna (I like that), but all electric Kelly system has positives, too.

I struck out searching (possibly user error). I found some info on each, but not a solid comparison.

Thanks - Dave

FWIW: From what I recall, unless your aircraft is 28v with a 100A charging system, or can be upgraded to such, I don't believe the all-electric systems are an option for you.

Thanks... I am 28v, and from what I see it's the top end of what the electrical system does. Should have mentioned it's going in a 206H.

I'm really leaning towards the Keith, it's OEM and I also like the floor ducting... seems cleaner than the overhead retrofits.

I'm really leaning towards the Keith,
Looking at what I can find online the Air Comm/Keith system is 26 lbs heavier than the Kelly if that a concern. There are also some performance differences but the only other thing I can offer from the mx side is that except for a one-off electric system I saw on a helicopter most AC systems I've run across on small recip aircraft were the Air Comm type for what ever that is worth.

Looking at what I can find online the Air Comm/Keith system is 26 lbs heavier than the Kelly if that a concern. There are also some performance differences but the only other thing I can offer from the mx side is that except for a one-off electric system I saw on a helicopter most AC systems I've run across on small recip aircraft were the Air Comm type for what ever that is worth.

Thanks! That's sort of what I'm seeing, too. It also looks like Cessna switched over to the Kelly a few years back, I have one of their newer price lists and that's the current OEM. The all self contained Kelly solution might be a less of a maintenance issue. Appreciate the info!

@SCCutler .... what did you put into your Bonanza? And what insights can you share?

Back