Katamarino's Round the World flight

We are continuing to look into the forum software's lack of a double-like button. Until that's implemented, I'm going to post this reply and then like my own post.

Edit to add: Additional defect noted, I can't like my own post. Consider this a double-like of your awesome picture at the end of a most excellent adventure.
You could like, then unlike, then like, repeat as long as you want. Not the same but it's something.

Any pictures from the party?
A_drunken_party_with_men_smoking%2C_sleeping_and_falling_to_th_Wellcome_V0019474.jpg

Does 5k MSL give you the most fuel efficiency?
The most efficient way to fly a long leg like this (or really, any leg) is at a particular angle of attack that results in an airspeed somewhat higher than Vg, and is independent of altitude. In reality, you either slowly climb throughout the flight, or you reduce power as the flight proceeds.

If you're interested in lots of details, this paper by Mel Byington of ERAU is the best reference. Or, for a much more mathy theoretical treatment, see this.

Ross isn’t the only one on this board to fly to Hawaii this year, just sayin’. (My trip may have been a little bit less arduous). :)

We'll ride the airlines to Hawaii later this month. Second trip this year. Another one late in January. Kauai is lovely. #29 in terms of trips to Hawaii coming up, most to Kauai.

Oh, a bit late to the party, but congratulations on the RtW trip being complete.

This just popped into my video feed, my apologies if it has already been posted elsewhere as it's a couple weeks old:
It must have been cold that day. Not that I have any complaints.

Back