K81 week of Jan. 14?

I had a fun time getting night current last night in anticipation for this flight. been a couple months since i flew an airplane, enjoy 1000fpm climbs in a 172. nice and chilly, barely any wind. managed to hit my spot every time, power off from downwind. reminded me how fun it is to just bang out landings for an hour every now and then.

I think I am going to have to bow out. I have been fighting a NASTY cold and I need to recover before I go to work.

Sorry, Guys.

fltplan.com is predicting a miracle. tailwinds both ways.

He looked like a Christmas tree, all lit up in the evening sky. :)

fltplan.com is predicting a miracle. tailwinds both ways.

I did that yesterday.

Flew over to Springfield low, at 3,000', and had a 20kt tailwind component westbound. Flew back high, at 11,000' and had a 55kt tailwind component eastbound.

I love it when that happens...and it happens oh so seldom.

we did score tailwinds both ways. about 120kt groundspeeds on the way up and 130ish on the way back. shear layer was at 5300 ft on the way down as we lost about 10 knots and had a few bumps going through that altitude. should've stayed up higher for longer.

yes Kent's mooney has a lot of lights. we saw him a long ways out, we landed together.

There were 2 planes from the Cessna flying club there so we had a caravan of 3 cessnas heading back to Wichita. I was slowest in my 172N behind a new 172 and a new 206.

Supper was yummy too!

He looked like a Christmas tree, all lit up in the evening sky. :)

yes Kent's mooney has a lot of lights. we saw him a long ways out, we landed together.

Yep - I like the flying Christmas tree. :D I think Lance F might still have more lights on the Baron, though...

There were 2 planes from the Cessna flying club there so we had a caravan of 3 cessnas heading back to Wichita. I was slowest in my 172N behind a new 172 and a new 206.

Cool!

There were 4 planes and 7 people total for our group, including a PoA lurker (hi Mike). :)

Supper was yummy too!

Yes! The ribs were some of the best I've ever had. <drool>

Thanks for coming, everyone! :)

There were 4 planes and 7 people total for our group, including a PoA lurker (hi Mike). :)

Yes! The ribs were some of the best I've ever had. <drool>

I know, necropost. After lurking for a number of years, finally decided to join. I was good seeing you again and meeting some of the other members at Camp Bacon this year. Thanks to Grant for the Jambalaya, it was delicious.

Mike

I know, necropost. After lurking for a number of years, finally decided to join. I was good seeing you again and meeting some of the other members at Camp Bacon this year. Thanks to Grant for the Jambalaya, it was delicious.

Cool! Glad to see you'll have a voice here and not just an ear. ;)

Back