K81 week of Jan. 14?

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
I keep hearing about We-B-Smokin' and would love to go eat there...

I'm also most likely going to be in northwestern Arkansas the week of January 14th on business, so it'd be great to see some of you middle-America peeps - Tony, Diana, Chip, and everyone in that area - and eat some yummy smoked animals!

Or, if anyone has any other suggestions - I'm going to be at KSLG (Siloam Springs, AR).

What works best for everyone? Who's in?

I keep hearing about We-B-Smokin' and would love to go eat there...

I'm also most likely going to be in northwestern Arkansas the week of January 14th on business, so it'd be great to see some of you middle-America peeps - Tony, Diana, Chip, and everyone in that area - and eat some yummy smoked animals!

What works best for everyone? Who's in?
We B sounds great! Haven't flown up there in awhile. If it's above freezing, I'm in!

I'm not sure if Chip still reads threads here, so you might want to email him or contact him on Facebook.

i'd do my best. evening or weekend would be most likely for me. work really interferes during the day.

I'll pencil it in - can't promise anything during a weekday though.

Can't make any promises (I'll be finishing up my multi- add-on around then), but I'll see if I can make it; difficult to pass up some K81! I'll probably try to get at lease one other person to tag along to help split the cost. Any particular day/time in mind?

We b is the bomb! I just moved from Tulsa to Colorado or I would meet up to say hi to Terry and his gang.

By far my favorite Saturday food flight. Enjoy!:yes:

i'd do my best. evening or weekend would be most likely for me. work really interferes during the day.

I'll pencil it in - can't promise anything during a weekday though.

I have to work during the days too... Hence, "business" trip. ;) I think any evening between the 14th-17th inclusive should work. Need to firm up the work schedule before we make it final, of course. Any evenings that don't work well for people?

i donate platelets on wed. night (16th)

The 14th is best for me. The 16th is somewhat OK. Other than that, I will have to pass.

Leave a car at LLU and park there for the night? :dunno: Just throwin' out ideas.

Or I could pick you up at LLU - Or maybe Chip if I can get him to come along too! (I was thinking of offering some seats to a former coworker and one of his kids if he's interested, too.)

I will be out of town that week, or I would travel there...

Leave a car at LLU and park there for the night? :dunno: Just throwin' out ideas.
Always open to ideas. :)

Or I could pick you up at LLU - Or maybe Chip if I can get him to come along too! (I was thinking of offering some seats to a former coworker and one of his kids if he's interested, too.)
Thanks for the offer. :)

BTW, they are closed on Mondays. That would eliminate the 14th.

BTW, they are closed on Mondays. That would eliminate the 14th.

Ah, rats. That was the only day that it looked like everyone could come - or at least, both Greg and Tony as they're the ones who mentioned specific days.

Ah, rats. That was the only day that it looked like everyone could come - or at least, both Greg and Tony as they're the ones who mentioned specific days.

Well, the 16th isn't out of the question for me. I have to be in Chicago the next day so staying out late isn't really an option.

Well, the 16th isn't out of the question for me. I have to be in Chicago the next day so staying out late isn't really an option.

Maybe Tony could donate his platelets on a different day... :dunno:

Or we could meet up twice. :D I've never been to the Beaumont Hotel, either...

i can move my appointment.

in the past Beaumont has closed in the winter but it doesn't look that way on their website. http://beaumonthotelks.com/ I haven't flown over there for a few years but i'm not sure i'd take your mooney in there. Last I knew the runway was semi-rough and it is short-ish at 2400 ft. The most normal takeoff to the south is downhill with trees at the end. The uphill north takeoff has a clear departure as long as there are no semi's on US 54. In a loaded 172 I like to have some wind going in and out of there. Luckily that is usually the case here in Kansas.

i can move my appointment.

Great! Let's tentatively plan on Wednesday the 16th at maybe 6:15-6:30 or so - I'll probably finish work at 5 and it'll be about an hour in the plane to get there. I'm not sure how far the client I'll be working at is from the airport yet.

Greg, they close at 8 - That won't keep you out too late, will it?

Diana, let me know if you want a Mooney ride from LLU...

If it's still on, I'm a no-go. An opportunity came up for me to do some work, and seeing as I'm an unemployed college grad and pilot, I could sure use it. Have fun!

I still cant make it.....

Looking at Boston harbor

Last edited:
i get my new glasses after work and get night current tomorrow night

It looks like I can bug out around 4:30, so let's plan on getting there at 6 so we can maximize the time available!

Kent, thanks again for the offer of a ride. Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to make it this time. Y'all have a good time. :)

Kent, thanks again for the offer of a ride. Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to make it this time. Y'all have a good time. :)

Sorry to hear it, Diana! I'll be sure to fly over the farm and rock my wings on the way there at least. ;)

So it looks like Greg, Tony, Mike, and maybe David... And I went out to dinner with Chip tonight and he may join me for the flight up too! :)

it would be nice to see Chip. Leah & I will be up in a 172.

Looks like I'm out. I still haven't had a chance to do my flight review yet so I can't fly right now.

Back