Just Quit Training

Well open your eyes a bit wider deary. Every day we lose fresh water from our aquifers that ends contaminated, polluted, and typically saline. None of the above will support human or most non aquatic life. We need clean fresh water. The world has been in over all drought condition in much of it's arable land regions for quite a few years now. Even China is importing food for the first time, and leasing farm land from Russia. NEVER in history has China not been able to feed itself internally.

The Chinese are having trouble feeding themselves because they decided to build manufacturing facilities on fertile farm land, of which China has not nearly enough. Henning's point about fresh water is correct though. Much of the world's population depends on glacial runoff, and the glaciers are retreating. Water can be shifted globally to forms that are not useful to humans, affecting the world's carrying capacity. Given the continual drying of the African continent, I suspect that carrying capacity is already in retreat.

We had a guy from China visit for a couple of weeks. He mentioned something that I found very interesting. He noticed all the deer, birds, rabbits, racoons, squirrels, and all the other critters we have running around here. Then he said, "I'm really surprised at the amount of wildlife you have here. In China we don't have any - we eat it all."

Last edited:
We guy from China visit for a couple of weeks. He mentioned something that I found very interesting. He noticed all the deer, birds, rabbits, racoons, squirrels, and all the other critters we have running around here. Then he said, "I'm really surprised at the amount of wildlife you have here. In China we don't have any - we eat it all."
I read this article recently which seems to indicate that some of the wealthier Chinese are taking a new attitude towards animals.

These little bundles of joy are actually chow chow dogs that have been dyed black-and-white to look like pandas.
Dyeing pets has been a trend in pet pampering for quite some time. At last summer's Pets Show Taipei, there was a fierce dog-dyeing competition. Check out photos.
But dyeing your pets to look like other wild animals is a more recent development.
The trend demonstrates how quickly and dramatically attitudes toward pets — particularly dogs — have changed in many parts of Asia.

panda-dog-3-big1.jpg

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn...-dyeing-pets-to-look-like-other-wild-animals/

Massive thread creep...

There was a story a few years back that had some recent Asian immigrents killing, and eating the geese, swans, and ducks at an office park's pond. The police informed them that it is not done that way here. :D

My old boss claimed that in the neighboring province, if it had four legs they ate it, unless it was a table.

He thought the dog he kept during the cultural revolution quickly wound up in someone's soup pot after he returned to the city.

In ten words or less, what's this thread about?

Hey, don't be so hard on people dying their pets. It's a fun hobby, and the animals don't seem to mind. Here's how I did our pooch for last year's Fourth of July picnic. Pretty convincing, huh?

:rofl:

Attachments

• PCP1150.jpg
    PCP1150.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 16
Four pages and all I can say is WOW. Interesting thread. I was just talking to someone else about their experiences (at my first Angel Flight meeting). I have yet to find ONE SINGLE PILOT who had an "easy time" during training with no frustrations, or fleeting thoughts of quitting, or other negativity..... most everyone has a story of a road block or two that got in the way. I came here and to another site when I was about to quit, but I think the difference was in my approach / attitude. It seems you already knew you'd leave.... me, I was trying to find reasons to stay. All of us are different. Good luck to you.

Here's one.

Here's Two

Not me, I know I am the world's suckiest pilot. You should hear the crap I say to Ground Controllers or NorCal Approach Controllers. One time they asked if I wanted the east or west route and I said "there are mountains on my left" in response. Clouds were low, turbulence was high, mountains were NOT an option for me.

Be careful someone might just print you up a shirt with that.

That Aquifer grows the grain that feeds people all over the world. If you think that population on a different part of this single planet isn't your problem, I hate to say it, but you're either nuts or an idiot.

Dying pets to look like another animal is downright SICK..:yesnod::yesnod::mad:
Better than breeding them to look that way...

I doubt dogs care anyway. They just like the attention. Better than ending up on a plate.

That Aquifer grows the grain that feeds people all over the world. If you think that population on a different part of this single planet isn't your problem, I hate to say it, but you're either nuts or an idiot.

You're welcome to get off the merry go round if that's how you feel.

Back