Just Minding My Own Business

SkyDog58

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Canis Non Grata
There I was at a local fly-in just minding my own business. It was a beautiful fall day. The fly-in was at an airport that was previously known as Little Mountain Airport (6NC1) but is now called Acme Aerodrome by its new owners, though it still shows up as Little Mountain on ForeFlight, airnav, Skyvector, and everywhere else I’ve looked. So whether it is an official name change or not, I do not know.

Now I know what you are thinking. “Why Acme? That’s an odd name for an airport. Who owns it? Is it a subsidiary of The Roadrunner Corporation?” You are thinking that, right? No? So what, I’ll tell you anyway. The new owners are also the owners of Acme Aero https://acmeaerofab.com.
They manufacture landing gear suspension systems and other parts for planes, mostly for taildraggers. I looked over their products in the hangar and also installed on planes on field and was impressed. Much better than any product Wile E Coyote ever got from that other Acme. Supposedly they are going to turn this private/private airport into a private/public airport. They are also going to add some services. Possible great news for local aviation. But that wasn’t the reason for this post.

Anyway, back to me just minding my own business, which I mostly do these days. You are welcome.

So as I was saying, I was just enjoying the day and looking at cool planes. You know what I mean, high wing tail draggers. There were Cubs, Super Cubs, Maules, a 185, a Luscombe, a couple of Just models, and more. As I am enjoying this glorious display of cool planes, what should happen to pass before my eyes as it taxied to parking? A nose gear plane with an ass-backwards tail. Yep a Mooney. But not just any Mooney mind you, but the infamous Moonanza. Yep, @eman1200 had arrived.

Now, I know I should have turned around, headed the opposite way and pretend I hadn’t seen him, but I have never been known for great judgment plus I was hoping for some hookers and blow. So I decided to walk up and say hi, after all that is what friends do even if they seldom frequent the same places anymore, such as strip clubs, opium dens, web forums, and other such shady seedy disreputable places. In fact the last time I saw him was sometime last year when he graciously called me and invited me along for a $100 hamburger run in the Moonanza.

So after ascertaining that he was unarmed, I approached but just like the last time I saw him, there was no hookers or blow. Neither one! WTF!? I am beginning to think he has reformed. Bummer.

Yet even without those party favors, it was a good day. Lots of cool planes, an awesome band, food, and some good conversation with eman.

By the way @Grum.Man was there as well in his speed demony rocket machine, aka Questair Venture. Good to see him as well.

It had been approximately two years since I last posted anything on POA but I just thought I’d swing by to say hi to everyone and thank Eric publicly for both the ride in his plane and for hanging out at the fly-in.

Thank you.

Now back to minding my own business.

Whoa! Welcome back ‘dog!

Shouldn't this be in the "conspiracy" thread? :D

Yeah, I'm sorry I missed that. I had to be over at a dinner at Angus Barn in Raleigh. We were staying in the Embassy Suites that turned out to be right at RDU (once I got there I said, shoot, we should have just flown this). Anyhow, fly about 6 miles north of 6NC1 and drop in on me at NC26.

As for the name change, I suspect it might take a while. Dealing with the airport district office isn't particularly hard, but it seems like it always takes two 56 day cycles to change anything (why this matters for online records I have no idea). They won't even issue a notam or other remarks if you're not a public use field.

Back