Just married

foka4

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Matt Scudwalker
Sorry I've been silent on the forum for a while. It's hard to keep up with everything through the summer flying season.

For those of you who know us, Amy and I just got married over the weekend. Here's a cool photo (and one of her favorites, I might add).

Matthew

Attachments

• iPhotoiPhoto-mailtmp-6.jpg
    iPhotoiPhoto-mailtmp-6.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 158
Awesome! Congrats, Matt! You've survived one of the most stressful events in early married-ness. :yes:

Actually, it wasn't that stressful for either of us (except for the planning). We've known each other for a long time and I think we're pretty sure about each other. Evidence: she got me a 496 for a wedding gift!

M

Sorry I've been silent on the forum for a while. It's hard to keep up with everything through the summer flying season.
I wondered what had happened to you.

For those of you who know us, Amy and I just got married over the weekend. Here's a cool photo (and one of her favorites, I might add).
Wow! Congratulations!!!! :cheerswine: And yep, that is a very cool photo. :yes:

Congarats Matt, it looks like you are getting started right. Nice picture.

wow! sounds like my kinda gal! got any sisters? :)

congrats!

Matt:

Speaking from the perspective of 25 years married, I can tell you: a good marriage is a blessing beyond measure!

Congratulations and best fortunes to you both.

Beautiful bride, beautiful picture... although of course, it would be pretty mediocre without the C-140!!;)

Congrats!! :cheerswine:

Congrats Matt! It looks like you won't have the issue of the better half not wanting to fly. I've met quite a number of pilots who's wives didn't like flying. It doesn't appear that this is a factor. Congratulations to both of you!

Congrats Matt. I think you found yourself a keeper :) Not many guys have a wife that'll give them a 496 as a wedding present.

Congradulations! It's great that she likes to fly with you and is supportive!

Many happy travels!

Congrats on the new GPS!!!!!
And from, like Spike says, the perspective of 23 years of marriage, Congrats on the marriage to what is obviously a saintly woman.:yes:

Mazel tov, Matt!! I got married this summer too, but my new wife vetoed the idea of going to the airport after the ceremony, so you're quite lucky, I'd say!

Mazel tov, Matt!! I got married this summer too, but my new wife vetoed the idea of going to the airport after the ceremony, so you're quite lucky, I'd say!

Who said they went to the airport... they might have had the cermony at the airport! (That's how I want it)

She seems like a good catch, so when will she take up the hobby?

Congrats!

Missa

Congrats! Here's a picture of Rosie as a wedding present. :D

Attachments

• Rosie2.jpg
    Rosie2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 15
Who said they went to the airport... they might have had the cermony at the airport! (That's how I want it)

A fly-in wedding!

Congrats! Sounds like she's a keeper! :yes:

Many congratulations. A good marriage is a true partnership, and is worth more than can be imagined.

she got me a 496 for a wedding gift!
Congratulations! :blowingkisses::cheerswine::rofl:

Matt:

Speaking from the perspective of 25 years married, I can tell you: a good marriage is a blessing beyond measure!

Congratulations and best fortunes to you both.
Coming up on 20 years in May, Leslie and I agree with Spike!

Beautiful bride, beautiful picture... although of course, it would be pretty mediocre without the C-140!!;)

Congrats!! :cheerswine:
Actually, mediocre without the C-140 and Amy. The groom? :dunno: :goofy::goofy:

(BTW, does she fly yet? If not, Tony will be happy to teach her! -- in your C-140, of course!)

Many congratulations. A good marriage is a true partnership, and is worth more than can be imagined.
Yes. Truly, Matt, congratulations!:yes::blowingkisses::cheerswine:

Sucker!!

Nah, all kidding aside, congratulations, Matt! She's into airplanes....a keeper for sure!

Congrats Matt. I think you found yourself a keeper :) Not many guys have a wife that'll give them a 496 as a wedding present.

Congratulations! Nice gift. Of course, the 496 didn't exist when I got married (35 years ago), so my bride had to come up with something else. Now, remember the two most important words that you must know and use, "Yes, dear." :D

I got it - as in "Yes, dear, we're going to another flight breakfast this weekend. Maybe you can ride back in the Stearman again."

I know Mooney doesn't make talidraggers, but no other airplane name fits into the term "honeymoon".

Plus, an old Johnson bar Mooney is on the "and" list, as opposed to the "or" list. The "and" list is the collection of planes that I might consider in addition to the 140. The "or" list, it follows, is the collection of planes I could consider if I put the 140 on the chopping block.

Need a 140, Kent?

M

P.S.: Amy thinks the 140 wedding photos are cute because they're our first photos together, along with our first airplane. Our first airplane. I like that mentality.

A hearty congratulations Matt and Amy! And if I were Matt, I'd be concerned that Amy married me just to get a piece of that 140.

BTW, it's hard to tell which is prettier, Amy or the airplane. They're both very nice.

Love the photo, love the gift. A match made in (the) heaven(s).

Best wishes.

Back