Just a little breezy today

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
KDPA 181852Z 18027G37KT

Think I will sit this evening out!

We are expecting storms with winds up to 80mph! :hairraise::hairraise::hairraise:

Already several big tree branches have come down on my house, but no damage.

That is almost right down the runway.

It would be like standing still, right:dunno:

Not my runway. 10C is a 9/27 config, DPA is the closest reporting station. Still that is breezy! I was watching a couple of UAL 747 coming into KORD a short while ago. Looked pretty bouncy up there are as well.

We are expecting storms with winds up to 80mph! :hairraise::hairraise::hairraise:

We went through that yesterday. Storm warnings and tornado warnings all over the place. Pressure got down to 29.29.

Here is a picture that I took yesterday afternoon from my yard. There was a tornado warning for this little batch of clouds 5 miles north of us.

Attachments

• Storm October 18 001 80.JPG
    Storm October 18 001 80.JPG
    378.7 KB · Views: 51
I heard 29.29 on the AWOS at my airport (KJOT) this afternoon. FWIW, on WGN radio this morning, the meteorologist said the winds aloft at 3,000 were 65MPH! Cool pic Diana....

Purdue

We went through that yesterday. Storm warnings and tornado warnings all over the place. Pressure got down to 29.29.

Here is a picture that I took yesterday afternoon from my yard. There was a tornado warning for this little batch of clouds 5 miles north of us.

KDPA 181852Z 18027G37KT

Think I will sit this evening out!

But this weekend is supposed to be lovely - I'm going up Sunday morning.

guess that means it will be here late tomorrow or SUnday. the big balloon fest we are supposed to have may not happen.

and the big TFR near JYO Sunday may be meaningless.

It was breezy enough yesterday to shut down ORD for an hour or so yesterday. Made for a long day in a couple of CRJ's.

Nappanee, IN got hit by a tornado and the whole town lost power.

NOTAM: The cheap fuel self-serve pumps at C03 OTS

Have fun I am off to Taiwan on Saturday.

Sorry. I'm off to Gaithersburg, MD on Monday. Come home on Wednesday. Whoopee!!! :p At least you'll have one stop at NRT. I've got a stop at MDW on the way and MDW and MCI on the way home. Thank you, Southwest. :rolleyes:

Back