Junkers A50 certified

Kent Wien

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Kent
Beautiful plane, but not for my missions. Looking forward to seeing one in person.

Saw the plane at sun n fun price seems to be high for the aircraft. Just my opinion.

What are the least expensive certified S-LSAs selling for currently? I think the Aeroprakt A22 is $128,500. This anll-metal airplane has dual Garmin G3X touchscreens and the 912is. Not to mention the corrugated construction. I predict the price will go up.

It’s not designed to be a mass market airplane.

The Bushcat was the least expensive at one point, it was like 80K and some change a few years ago. Another 912 powered all metal SLSA that comes to mind is the RV12 which starts at 125k for single glass panel and tops out at 185k with dual screen ifr and autopilot.

I'm not feeling the retro ribbed aluminum. It had a place back in the day but not now.

I'm not feeling the retro ribbed aluminum. It had a place back in the day but not now.
The A50 was originally built in 1929, so they managed to recreate it in the original (and expensive) corrugated aluminum. If I could afford a new Ford Tri-Motor, I would want it built as originally designed, too.

But, if you want it with smooth aluminum and the same engine, here’s an option, although you’d have to build it:

https://www.vansaircraft.com/rv-12is/

$200K !!!

Did I misread or more likely I am just not understanding?

What’s surprising about that? I wouldn’t have expected less. Much more and I’d think they’d miss their market. The new Wacos are $650k. A new 172 is $432k.

New planes are expensive.

The guy interviewed about them, said the skins were individually corrugated in a dead soft condition and then heat treated and then final fitted to the individual airframe. Lot of hand touch labor there....

Back