JPI830 to 900

DesertNomad

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
DesertNomad
Has anyone done this upgrade? I have an 830 but didn't want to go to the hassle of redoing all the center gauges this time around. At some point I may go to a 900.

Has anyone done this?

What did you do with the area where the old gauges are?

I think I read that JPI requires that you install new probes and wires even though everything is identical?

Has anyone done this upgrade? I have an 830 but didn't want to go to the hassle of redoing all the center gauges this time around. At some point I may go to a 900.

Has anyone done this?

What did you do with the area where the old gauges are?

I think I read that JPI requires that you install new probes and wires even though everything is identical?

Thought serious but backed out.

You must install new probes and wiring per the STC. Stupid, but the STC requires this. You can run what you have - will work just fine. I was going to leave the steam gauges in as backup. Nothing else to do with that space so why remove the old? Can't flush mount. Need a 930 for that.

Need new fuel senders too. I was going to leave the current probes and heck with getting new ones. Fuel sender upgrade was the deal killer for me.

Buying when jpi has a rebate/cash back is the only way to go.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

In theory, the P5 harness is the only thing you should have to add, other harnesses remain unchanged , I didn’t know about new probes and wiring required by STC, I’ve ask my avionics person to look into this, have not heard back.

Coincidently I was chatting with my avionics tech last Friday, and he mentioned "he thought" I didn't need to replace my 760 JPI probes and wiring to upgrade. o_O

That's the expensive part. Seems JPI is creating an incentive to shop around if you have to start ripping out perfectly good components just to meet the paperwork. And in my case, with a twin, I won't stay with JPI if I have to replace substantially everything.

Seems like a pretty simple case of comparing part numbers between STC approved installation manuals...

Back