John MacAfee Interview

Tony_Scarpelli

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Tony_Scarpelli
What a life. I guess I mostly believe him. Now three movies, I will have to watch all of them. He comes across as mantic at times but if I put myself in his foot steps and give him the benefit of the doubt then most of his actions do actually make sense.

For those who don't know John MacAfee is the founder of PC security company MacAfee. He retired a dozen years ago $300 million plus and lived in Belize. Single, he had from four to six or more young beautiful room mates live with him on the Gulf coast beach house. They were all his non monogamous girlfriends. What a life. Unconventional John no doubt offended some folks.

At some point the govenmt of Belize decided to shake him down, they get paid little and they mostly live on tips from US and Canadian Expatriates donations. For the average American that is not super wealthy it is known but not much of a problem. It hear the fees are less than taxes would be on your home.... and you get a bit of extra attention and security. But if you are wealthy they can be a bit pushy if you are not generous enough.

I'm not sure if they resented his non conformity life style but they started pressing him for money and perhaps he wasn't as generous as they thought a man of his stature should be so when his neighbor died John new it was going to cost him big time to get out of the interview interrogation room without a huge ransom/donation. So he chose to hid, move to another S. American country to get out, instead he was later arrested and sent back. Once he knew he was going back to Belize he loudly proclaimed that he thought they might kill him.... This world awareness might have saved his life.

Now he just gave an interview in Portland, OR. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

I think the guy is a little looney tune but this analogy does make sense. I know because I used to live in Belize in the 80's when my family immigrated there, from 9 yrs old till 18, and I can definitely see this making sense.

What a life. I guess I mostly believe him. Now three movies, I will have to watch all of them. He comes across as mantic at times but if I put myself in his foot steps and give him the benefit of the doubt then most of his actions do actually make sense.

For those who don't know John MacAfee is the founder of PC security company MacAfee. He retired a dozen years ago $300 million plus and lived in Belize. Single, he had from four to six or more young beautiful room mates live with him on the Gulf coast beach house. They were all his non monogamous girlfriends. What a life. Unconventional John no doubt offended some folks.

At some point the govenmt of Belize decided to shake him down, they get paid little and they mostly live on tips from US and Canadian Expatriates donations. For the average American that is not super wealthy it is known but not much of a problem. It hear the fees are less than taxes would be on your home.... and you get a bit of extra attention and security. But if you are wealthy they can be a bit pushy if you are not generous enough.

I'm not sure if they resented his non conformity life style but they started pressing him for money and perhaps he wasn't as generous as they thought a man of his stature should be so when his neighbor died John new it was going to cost him big time to get out of the interview interrogation room without a huge ransom/donation. So he chose to hid, move to another S. American country to get out, instead he was later arrested and sent back. Once he knew he was going back to Belize he loudly proclaimed that he thought they might kill him.... This world awareness might have saved his life.

Now he just gave an interview in Portland, OR. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

His alternate "lifestyle" includes cooking his own synthetic cocaine. I don't think much he has to say is going to have much credibility.

But hey, Lance Armstrong is morally better than Charlie Sheen since he went on Oprah too, right? LOL.

He now claims to be broke. He is accused of murder in Belize. He did manufacture and partake of his own synthetic drugs and actively promoted that as a lifestyle. As far as the sex and girls; he said he was living with 8 former prostitutes and he does admit to overplaying the "crazy" card. He claims to have loaded key loggers on laptops and given them to his enemies to spy on them (this just doesn't sound that credible to me). I am sure he could create a key logger, but why would his "enemies" use these laptops? Even if he did that, it is flat out illegal. Why does he have "enemies"? I am not sure how sympathetic I am to this guy. He is a little too out there.

The guy is fried.
He no longer owns the company, thank goodness.

What was it that Janice Joplin sang about? "Drugs, sex, rock and roll....."

He now claims to be broke. He is accused of murder in Belize. He did manufacture and partake of his own synthetic drugs and actively promoted that as a lifestyle. As far as the sex and girls; he said he was living with 8 former prostitutes and he does admit to overplaying the "crazy" card. He claims to have loaded key loggers on laptops and given them to his enemies to spy on them (this just doesn't sound that credible to me). I am sure he could create a key logger, but why would his "enemies" use these laptops? Even if he did that, it is flat out illegal. Why does he have "enemies"? I am not sure how sympathetic I am to this guy. He is a little too out there.

I recall a pre-trouble interview where he said he was so far out of the computer loop he has other people set up his personal computers. No idea what the truth is.

His alternate "lifestyle" includes cooking his own synthetic cocaine. I don't think much he has to say is going to have much credibility.

But hey, Lance Armstrong is morally better than Charlie Sheen since he went on Oprah too, right? LOL.

I know guys who have done cocaine....they are not automatically scumbags. and even if they are, I prefer American police roast them not Belize.

Last edited:
I know guys who have done cocaine....they are not automatically scumbags. and even if they are, I prefer American police roast them not Belize.

Oh come on, it wasn't cocaine, it was "bath salts" a synthetic drug he manufactured and tried to perfect. I believe he took it rectally. He also actively promoted it. This is not someone who casually tried cocaine in college. It was a lifestyle for him.

Back