Jimmy’s World YouTube and Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum!

Jim Jarrett

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jim
I’ve been watching the Jimmy’s World YouTube channel and there have been several lately that imply he’s buying planes from the collection. I’ve seen a Lancair and a 310 so far.

Anyone know what’s going on there? Is the museum actually selling off its collection? How are they choosing what to get rid of?

Appears that they are selling off some of the run of the mill GA stuff to make room for an F-117 they have coming.

They have limited space and funding. Some of the less historically significant stuff is ripe for deaccessioning. Some of the stuff was either likely donations or of significance only to certain of the former management.

Glad I got to see the museum when it was in full service.

I hope they keep the Seabee under the Spruce Goose. It really impresses the scale of the thing.

1696187759982.png

ZOWEEE.!! Thatsa handful of throttles.!!
That throttle quadrant alone is worth the cost of admission. They’re labeled based on which systems receive power from each engine (electric, hydraulic). And they’re right there at the pilot’s hand, because Hughes wanted to fly the thing himself, not put a flight engineer in charge of the myriad engines.

That Lancair looks like a clean bird.

Back