JFK Solo Flight in 10 Days in 1944

I think given a sufficiently big money pipe, most people could solo in five days or less and earn their PPL in two weeks.

Rich

I think given a sufficiently big money pipe, most people could solo in five days or less and earn their PPL in two weeks.

Rich
Yep. Our sylabus is 24 flights long solo is flight 9. If a student flew every day and combined a few flights 2 weeks to ppl is reasonable. Ive soloed 25 or 30 ppl so far only 2 have gone beyond 12 hrs before solo.

Rich
CAP does zero to solo in five days at their encampments, I believe.

Han Soloed in the Millenium Falcon, and that made the Kessel run in 12 parsecs. No one's faster.

Getting the instrument rating in ten days is a lot harder than soloing in 8.
Hell, back in the day a lot of people solo'd in 8 HOURS. Even today it's only around 20, well achievable in a week of daily flight.

In today's environment, it takes longer.

The flight schools have overhead to pay.:mad:

Find a liberal today who would agree with "Ask not what your country can do for you,...."

I’m a liberal. I’ve got a DD-214 with an honorable discharge.

I’ll refrain from suggesting what unnatural act you should go commit with yourself.

I’m a liberal. I’ve got a DD-214 with an honorable discharge.
My sincere apologies...my intent was not to denegrate anyone's service to this country. That obviously wasn't clearly stated.

Last edited:
The issue is that the modern "liberal" vs. "conservative" in politics have absolutely squat to do with the effective terms. In Kennedy's day (probably about to the Carter administration actually), both parties knew how to compromise and operate government in the interest of the country. JFK made biggest BUDGET REDUCTION in history as part of advancing what we would call the "liberal" agenda (civil rights, etc...). Now you've got a bunch of self-centered babies in office who couldn't pull together to honor their oath of office if they tried. They're running up the federal debt at an unprecedented rate without getting any real benefit to the population for doing so.

Find a liberal today who would agree with "Ask not what your country can do for you,...."

Take a look at what actually happened during Kennedy's presidency:

"Amongst the legislation passed by Congress during the Kennedy Administration, unemployment benefits were expanded, aid was provided to cities to improve housing and transportation, funds were allocated to continue the construction of a national highway system started under Eisenhower, a water pollution control act was passed to protect the country’s rivers and streams, and an agricultural act to raise farmers’ incomes was made law.[5] A significant amount of anti-poverty legislation was passed by Congress, including increases in social security benefits and in the minimum wage, several housing bills, and aid to economically distressed areas. A few antirecession public works packages,[4] together with a number of measures designed to assist farmers,[6] were introduced. Major expansions and improvements were made in Social Security (including retirement at 62 for men), hospital construction, library services, family farm assistance and reclamation.[7] Food stamps for low-income Americans were reintroduced, food distribution to the poor was increased, and there was an expansion in school milk and school lunch distribution. The most comprehensive farm legislation since 1938 was carried out, with expansions in rural electrification, soil conservation, crop insurance, farm credit, and marketing orders. In September 1961, the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency was established as the focal point in government for the “planning, negotiation, and execution of international disarmament and arms control agreements.”[8] Altogether, the New Frontier witnessed the passage of a broad range of important social and economic reforms.[9]"

I don't think you'll find many liberals objecting to that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Frontier

What do today's conservatives want to do for their country? Lately, it seems that all they want to do is make themselves richer by running up huge deficits.

Take a look at what actually happened during Kennedy's presidency:

"Amongst the legislation passed by Congress during the Kennedy Administration, unemployment benefits were expanded, aid was provided to cities to improve housing and transportation, funds were allocated to continue the construction of a national highway system started under Eisenhower, a water pollution control act was passed to protect the country’s rivers and streams, and an agricultural act to raise farmers’ incomes was made law.[5] A significant amount of anti-poverty legislation was passed by Congress, including increases in social security benefits and in the minimum wage, several housing bills, and aid to economically distressed areas. A few antirecession public works packages,[4] together with a number of measures designed to assist farmers,[6] were introduced. Major expansions and improvements were made in Social Security (including retirement at 62 for men), hospital construction, library services, family farm assistance and reclamation.[7] Food stamps for low-income Americans were reintroduced, food distribution to the poor was increased, and there was an expansion in school milk and school lunch distribution. The most comprehensive farm legislation since 1938 was carried out, with expansions in rural electrification, soil conservation, crop insurance, farm credit, and marketing orders. In September 1961, the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency was established as the focal point in government for the “planning, negotiation, and execution of international disarmament and arms control agreements.”[8] Altogether, the New Frontier witnessed the passage of a broad range of important social and economic reforms.[9]"

I don't think you'll find many liberals objecting to that.
You make my point much more eloquently than I do.

Back