Jetson One - Marketing

Perhaps a study of the damage to the human body caused by falls from ever-increasing heights starting at 10'?

OSHA General Industry regs require fall protection at 4 ft and higher. Forget the study, use 4 foot for more dramatic effect :biggrin:

With only a 20 minute battery, do you really want to waste that much energy climbing or descending?
The craft can fly with the loss of one engine, or one of the two battery packs, plus it as a zero/zero chute. (At this point, this is all PR to me, I have seen nothing which backs up the claims).
With a service ceiling of 1,500 AGL. It avoids the FAA (I think).

Looks kinda cool, like an expensive motorcycle.

Tim

Do they really define the service ceiling in terms of AGL? If so, I'm looking forward to seeing a demo takeoff from Leadville! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Do they really define the service ceiling in terms of AGL? If so, I'm looking forward to seeing a demo takeoff from Leadville! :biggrin:
Yes, on the website.
Likely due to FAA regulations that i am too lazy to search for.

Tim

I think thats the main marketing point of any ultralight over other aircraft? While most ultralight OEMs offer training as a part of purchase, why would a person who goes all out to obtain a PPC limit themselves to the restrictions of an ultralight?
I have a PP and still enjoy flying ultralights. There are restrictions, yes, but there are also many freedoms compared to N-numbered aircraft.

Training and certification are not the same thing. What FAA pilot certificate would you get if you were going to fly this thing?
If you flip it around the other way around it makes more sense. "You don't need to be able to pass an FAA medical to fly this thing." Meaning, maybe, you can fly this thing even if you can't get a driver's license? I don't know.

It does look fun. It also looks safer than jumping off a cliff with a wing suit. It looks a lot more dangerous than a powered parachute.

I have a PP and still enjoy flying ultralights. There are restrictions, yes, but there are also many freedoms compared to N-numbered aircraft.
My reply was only to the question on marketing it. Know quite a number of PPs up to ATPs who fly ultralights. If I still bounced when I fall, probably would be looking at a Jetson and a wing-suit myself.;)

Vortex Ring State.

“A vortex ring state sets in when the airflow around a helicopter's main rotor assumes a rotationally symmetrical form over the tips of the blades, supported by a laminar flow over the blade tips, and a countering upflow of air outside and away from the rotor. In this condition, the rotor falls into a new topological state of the surrounding flow field, induced by its own downwash, and suddenly loses lift.”

VRS does impact multi-rotor drones. Take your basic drone up to altitude. Enter a rapid vertical descent, and watch it lose control. Apply power, and preferably lateral directional movement (ie, forward), and control can be recovered. I presume the Jetson, as a muli-rotor aircraft (ie, similar to drones) is subject to the same phenomenon, but can’t say for certain. There may be control logic that prevents operator from entering VRS. In any case, if a person were to purchase a Jetson, is there manufacturer training to avoid VRS, and other hazards, that might result in an unfortunate “bounce” upon impact with terra firma? Or are customers on their own to figure this stuff out?

So, can I commute 26 miles on one-half charge? If it can then I’ll have free electric from work!

So maybe 8 minutes on a sub-zero day
Open cockpit on a subzero day is definitely a no go for me

Can I land on the roof at work? What do I use for tie downs, hvac equipment and a chain? Just stay away from bathroom and kitchen exhaust ductwork!

Will the secret service at the White House shoot me down as I head to 1800 G street? Do I really need to park in a garage? Am I violating the SFRA and the FRZ flying down the Potomac river? Since everyone is a pilot I guess ignorance is bliss. Besides, they don’t have a missile small enough for me and my Jetson. (27 people were shot today as the secret service tried to kill a government worker commuting to work today…)

They should have spent the money to use Tree Top Flyer as their music

Back