Jet Waco Lives Again!

That would be a blast to fly.

Am missing something on the thrust output of the jet motor? It appears to be angled downward...

Am missing something on the thrust output of the jet motor? It appears to be angled downward...

Well it's significantly below the CG so I would think it would produce a pretty good pitch up if it weren't angled downward. Also possibly some heat issues on the belly.

Seen both versions perform. Climb rate is unreal.

Always enjoyed seeing that plane fly.

Does anyone know the rate of climb of that thing?

God I hope he doesn't make it to Oshkosh or the folks at the EAA have the good sense to omit them. That was always in my opinion a dumb act right up there with the jet powered trucks and the masters of destruction (don't get me started on the fact that they nearly killed someone at Oshkosh with that farking shenanigan).

God I hope he doesn't make it to Oshkosh or the folks at the EAA have the good sense to omit them. That was always in my opinion a dumb act right up there with the jet powered trucks and the masters of destruction (don't get me started on the fact that they nearly killed someone at Oshkosh with that farking shenanigan).
I agree that the jet trucks are ridiculous.

But the jet Waco? That's pure EAA. In fact, it's closer to Poberezny's vision for EAA than 95% of Oshkosh. Unless you think watching the HondaJet doing laps has something to do with homebuilding... lol

It doesn't get more experimental than a jet Waco! :)

The first met Waco was a show stopper! It was the best show at OSH in years!

I saw 10K fpm climb mentioned elsewhere...

Last edited:
I laughed my ass off the first time I saw the original jet Waco. It was very funny seeing and hearing a 1930's biplane doing things it absolutely wasn't supposed to do.

I laughed my ass off the first time I saw the original jet Waco. It was very funny seeing and hearing a 1930's biplane doing things it absolutely wasn't supposed to do.

Yeah, though the biggest skill in the thing is making sure he keeps shutting it down so he doesn't break the waco.

How do you log it? Single engine piston or turbine time? :D

Or is it multiengine since it has more than one engine?

I saw 10K fpm climb mentioned elsewhere...
Wow, unbelievable. That was a nice max-perf takeoff. At the top of the zoom climb, I heard in my head "Waco tree fife foxtrot, contact Houston Space Center at 117.8, we'll see ya at reentry". :lol:

Though there is something inherently wrong with a jet sound coming out of a biplane. :D

Back