Jet shopping in Minnesota

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
Yesterday I flew the Lear 35 in pix 1 to cold, snow covered KANE (Anoka County MN) so the boss could look at the Falcon 20 in pix 2. We did a test flight in it, and today the boss has an agreement to buy it. :D This is one nice ride. I think I look good in there - pix 3.:rolleyes:

The 5 hours in MN were a good reminder of why I live in GA. You guys are tough up there. (and yesterday was a heat wave we were told)

Attachments

• P1010105.JPG
    P1010105.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 90
  • P1010157.JPG
    P1010157.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 87
  • P1010149.JPG
    P1010149.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 98
Nice upgrade from Lear Diver to Falcon Driver....

BTW it was't cold, you were merely dressed inappropriately :)

Is he gonna help you get a rating in the Falcon? Will you get to fly it, too!?

Looking at the Falcon's N-number: Van's newest kit... an RV-503 model, jet powered! Wow!! he he he.

Yesterday I flew the Lear 35 in pix 1 to cold, snow covered KANE (Anoka County MN) so the boss could look at the Falcon 20 in pix 2. We did a test flight in it, and today the boss has an agreement to buy it. :D This is one nice ride. I think I look good in there - pix 3.:rolleyes:

The 5 hours in MN were a good reminder of why I live in GA. You guys are tough up there. (and yesterday was a heat wave we were told)

Yeah, we were something like 10F above average yesterday. Days like that are actually appreciated around here in the winter. I thought you were coming last weekend? I could have met you yesterday (and maybe gotten a ride?). Did you buy the Falcon?

-lance

Lands flat, don't it?:smilewinkgrin:

Lance:

You are a dog.

Signed, everyone else (except Mari, I guess...)

1. The line guys were dressed for Antarctica. On the approach to KANE we went over a bunch of lakes crowded with ice fishermen, and this was a Wednesday. Strange cold place. :D 2. How could anyone screw up landing one flat or otherwise...even the nose gear is a trailing link design. (OTOH, I know I could screw it up.) 3. There's an accepted offer, so if the contractural stuff is no problem it's a done deal. 4. Remains to be seen if I get to fly it. I'm going to SimCom in Feb for the Lears, so ??? 5. We were supposed to go last week, but the weather and other stuff stopped that. Going yesterday was a last minute deal and it would have been great to see Lance. There were seats available :rolleyes:. The flightaware track is interesting :p 6. I'm a dog, but a friendly one.

Lance, that's just too cool. I hope that you get to fly the Falcon! Is the boss keeping the Lear, too, or is he going to sell it?

You look good in the left seat. I'd look good in the right seat, so you should talk your boss into hiring me on as well. ;)

Lance,
What Spike said. And you suck still.
Love,
Teller

:D

Congrats, man, that's really cool; here's to hoping they let you fly it!

Does your boss need another dependent? I'm open for adoption.

Lance, I think it's great that you're going to Lear school. I don't know anything about Falcons but that plane looks like fun too. :)

Lance, I think it's great that you're going to Lear school. I don't know anything about Falcons but that plane looks like fun too. :)
Looking forward to Lear school. probably will start on the 13th.
Just because it's bad to let planes sit:nonod:, we're going to start flying them in some kind of rotation once a week just to do it. Today we flew one of the 24s for a little over an hour. Never got over 3800'. Captain said "your plane; do whatever you want; just don't kill us". So I practiced steep turns, set up for approaches, stuff like that until we got down to max landing weight. Then called Approach, asked for and did a practice ILS. Can't do this stuff with passengers. Enjoyable afternoon. :D:D:D

Just because it's bad to let planes sit:nonod:, we're going to start flying them in some kind of rotation once a week just to do it.
Hmmm. The CE-680 hasn't flown in a week. Maybe I ought to take it for a spin tomorrow. :D

Today we flew one of the 24s for a little over an hour. Never got over 3800'.
I'll bet you made the FBO where you buy fuel happy!

Captain said "your plane; do whatever you want; just don't kill us". So I practiced steep turns, set up for approaches, stuff like that until we got down to max landing weight. Then called Approach, asked for and did a practice ILS. Can't do this stuff with passengers. Enjoyable afternoon. :D:D:D
Sounds like it! :yes:

Looking forward to Lear school. probably will start on the 13th.
Just because it's bad to let planes sit:nonod:, we're going to start flying them in some kind of rotation once a week just to do it. Today we flew one of the 24s for a little over an hour. Never got over 3800'. Captain said "your plane; do whatever you want; just don't kill us". So I practiced steep turns, set up for approaches, stuff like that until we got down to max landing weight. Then called Approach, asked for and did a practice ILS. Can't do this stuff with passengers. Enjoyable afternoon. :D:D:D
Ever done Lazy-8's in a jet?

It's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG maneuver.:D:D:D

Ever done Lazy-8's in a jet?

It's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG maneuver.:D:D:D
After I get that down, what's next.....single engine Chandelles? :yikes:

Back