Jerome Stopped By to Ask Directions

RJM62

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geek on the Hill
He was eating frogs from my drainage ditch when I first noticed him.

jerome.jpg

I like Jerome. He's good-natured, lovable, and obedient. He obeyed my commands as if I were his owner. I'm sure I could have kept him if I wanted to. He certainly seemed to like the place well enough. He inspected my house as dogs do when I invited him in, left immediately when I told him to go back outside, stayed when I told him to stay, sat when I told him to sit, heeled when I told him to heel, and even stopped eating the frogs when I told him to stop eating the frogs. What more could one ask of a dog?

I wanted to keep him. But alas, I did the right thing and arranged a reunion. His owner's dad who lives a mile or so away was dog-sitting, it turns out, and Jerome wandered away. Whether he was actually lost or just preferred my company to the other fellow's, I have no idea. But I kinda hope he comes back to visit.

Rich

I kidnapped a dog this winter (dognapped?). It was strange, I've never done that before... walked up to a dog I didn't know, grabbed it, put it in the back of the Expedition, and drove away.

OK, I guess a LITTLE backstory... I walked my dog, and it was like 0 degrees out F (so, well below freezing). Another dog rushed us out in the street, bark bark barking. I told him to go home. He went up to his door and stood there like he wanted in. All the lights were out, no cars in the driveway.

So I ran my dog home, and drove back. I rang the doorbell. Nothing. Knocked. Nothing. I hollered that I was going to open the door... and tried the handle. Locked.

The dog was clearly very cold. I was worried that he wasn't going to take kindly to being taken, so I wore my winter gloves that I had on anyway in case he got bitey. He was totally hip to my idea, and gladly got in the back of the truck.

I got home, and couldn't get him out of the truck! How do you call a dog that you don't know the name of? Finally I asked the right question "Do you want to go inside?" He hopped out and ran in my house.

I went back, and left a note saying "your dog got out, he's at our house, please call when home".

They called later... grandma had stopped by, didn't notice the dog sneak out, and then she left without noticing.

So my dognapping was temporary, but it was nice to have a guest. He was a yellow lab and shed like a haystack in a tornado, so I wasn't that bummed when they called... but I was ready to keep him if need be.

Why does he eat frogs? Frogs are yucky, unless they are really spiced up, but, dog farts under spice are really bad.

Lol, my parents have a Catahoula from the next property over (about 1/4 mile away) who shows up once a week or so to hang out, as does the neighbor’s dog from across the road. We call them by name and put them outside after they’ve visited for a bit. They enjoy having the dogs roaming around between the properties for the most part.

They just have to remember to put the cover over the dog door so that they don’t end up with neighbor dogs, coyotes, or other critters deciding to shack up with them in the middle of the night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have neighbors who are leaving for Texas. Job and family stuff I guess.

Their Great Pyrenees is an escape artist. We’ll miss her visits. She’s a big fuzzy oaf.

I've had a couple of fence climbers. I finally put up a hot wire to put a stop to having my dogs running amok in the middle of the night.125.jpg

Muh homie Jerome eyyyy

Back