Jeppesen and ForeFlight announce agreement

And how much is the price tag going to skyrocket?

As much as I prefer the Jepp approach charts, I can't stand the VFR charts.

And how much is the price tag going to skyrocket?

As much as I prefer the Jepp approach charts, I can't stand the VFR charts.

'Zackly...I let my FF sub lapse because there are far more affordable alternatives..

From the AOPA article:

"Those who already have a Jeppesen subscription for their panel-mount systems can install the charts at no additional cost on ForeFlight."

Which probably means charts but not if you just have nav data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hopeful Jeppesen would add ADS-B functions to their mobile flight deck. Love Jepp charts, not a fan of Foreflight.

'Can't help but wonder if this is in response to WingX's announcement of a $17million contract to provide the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) a multi-platform world-wide mobile aeronautical solution.

I presume Jepp charts will be an option. Otherwise, ForeFlight will cost in the range of $500-600 per year for the 48 states.

I presume Jepp charts will be an option. Otherwise, ForeFlight will cost in the range of $500-600 per year for the 48 states.
From the AOPA announcement that was linked in post #6

For customers, the alliance won’t change subscription prices.

ForeFlight will continue to charge $99.99 a year (Basic Plus) and $199.99 a year (Pro Plus), and Jeppesen will still charge $199 annually for those wanting to use Jeppesen charts. ForeFlight customers with Jeppesen subscriptions will be able to download Jeppesen charts at the touch of an on-screen icon. Those who already have a Jeppesen subscription for their panel-mount systems can install the charts at no additional cost on ForeFlight.​

Prices for the databases for Europe shown below..... Makes the USA $199 price pale in comparison

upload_2017-5-4_17-47-32.png

I asked Jeppesen for this when I was doing my instrument rating 5 years ago. Now I am comfortable with NACOs, and I don't care anymore. Way to innovate!

I wonder when Jepp/Boeing will just buy out Foreflight... I'm sure the day is coming Tyson will get a nice offer.

'Can't help but wonder if this is in response to WingX's announcement of a $17million contract to provide the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) a multi-platform world-wide mobile aeronautical solution.

A $17 million multi-platform world-wide mobile aeronautical solutions will probably get cut in the Sept budget.

The two interesting things to me about this:

- Seems to erode the ForeFlight seamless chart product a bit.

- Jeppesen must know that folks have been specifically avoiding their products in GA since ForeFlight came out with georeferenced government charts.

I haven't looked at the details yet, anyone see if the Jepp plates are georeferenced, or just plates? The "download via a separate button" verbiage seems to indicate they're not georefeenced.

And that would lower my interest significantly. $199 for the country isn't awful, considering standard Jepp pricing, but I'd rather fly the georeferenced government plates given a choice between georef'd and non.

The jepps are all integrated and georeferenced, watch the video on ForeFlight website....

Which probably means charts but not if you just have nav data

Yes, my ChartView subscription includes an iPad plate viewer.

I just sent the following message to ForeFlight:

I have Jeppesen coverage for CONUS, Alaska, and Hawaii.

If I use one of my token for ForeFlight, will Hawaii and Alaska also show up?

Also, I have ForeFlight on four devices. I presume if I use one Jeppesen token on one of my four devices, the Jeppesen charts will only show up on that device…correct?

Finally, I used to switch tokens from my Jeppesen FD app to my portable laptop and then later the reverse. But, Jeppesen has locked me out from doing that. I get an error message “site keys used too many times.” Jeppesen needs to resolve that or ForeFlight users will run into the same problem, sooner or later.

From the AOPA article:

"Those who already have a Jeppesen subscription for their panel-mount systems can install the charts at no additional cost on ForeFlight."

I know when i bought my 430 subscription this year Jep include a full year on their app for free. Plates are nice, app sucks.

From Avweb today:
"A Jeppesen data module will soon be an in-app purchase option in ForeFlight. Adding Jeppesen data for the United States will be a $199 per year ForeFlight option."

Will viewing government approach charts still be an option?

Back