Jayda, Chicago K9, earns her kibble

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
$10 million worth of pot found, thanks to police dog

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/25/us/chicago-k9-officer-pot-bust-trnd/index.html

drug-bust-1.jpg

$10 million worth of pot and all I got was a new squeeky toy.

If that dog hadn't found that massive stash, I would have considered that to be a performance issue.

Wait a minute, $10,000,000/1500lbs = $6,700/lb. Isn't that $417/oz?
I've never bought the stuff but is it really that pricey?

Interesting how they always quote the street price, not what the dealer paid. Not to diminish the importance of their work, but that method seems to embellish the stories a bit in my mind.

Thank god all that dog found so much of The Pot! The Pot makes you crazy and kill people! People should stick to what their doctor prescribes them, like Oxycodone! Its much safer than The Pot!

The useless and expensive War on a Plant continues...

Have to keep the plant at bay so the pharmaceuticals can sell people the same stuff in pill form and donate to politician’s campaigns.

Let’s not pretend that keeps it controlled by Docs and such that only prescribe when they’re needed, considering the number of pharma addicts and deaths.

But the money and problems created by the plant, and opioids, pale compared to alcohol.

Why do people have to depend on substances to alter their mood? Are people just that weak and needy?

Too many people addicted to caffeine, gotta have that cup now..!!!

Tobacco for the nicotine hit, and other things.

Years ago I quit everything I thought I had a dependence on. I quit smokeless tobacco. I used to have the Dr Pepper every morning, every afternoon and night. I really liked alcohol. One day I realized I was not in control of myself and I took over. The hardest thing I drink now is crystal light.

10 million bucks in pot doesn't mean a thing to me. is that 1 pound or 100,000 pounds.??

The useless and expensive War on a Plant continues...

Have to keep the plant at bay so the pharmaceuticals can sell people the same stuff in pill form and donate to politician’s campaigns.

Let’s not pretend that keeps it controlled by Docs and such that only prescribe when they’re needed, considering the number of pharma addicts and deaths.

But the money and problems created by the plant, and opioids, pale compared to alcohol.
Huh? There aren't a lot of medicines based on cannabis compounds. The few that exist have limited indications. Marijuana doesn't have anything to do with opioids.

Huh? There aren't a lot of medicines based on cannabis compounds. The few that exist have limited indications. Marijuana doesn't have anything to do with opioids.

They prescribe opioids for everyone and everything, was the point. Considered “safe and effective” whereas the War on a Plant demonizes the other stuff.

It’s all about who’s getting the money.

They prescribe opioids for everyone and everything, was the point. Considered “safe and effective” whereas the War on a Plant demonizes the other stuff.

It’s all about who’s getting the money.
But marijuana doesn't even produce opioids. So I really don't understand your point. Some opiates are produced by another plant, Papaver somniferum, not particularly related to the three Cannabis species that people use to get "high". The same poppy that makes opiates also makes the poppy seeds for your pastry.

But marijuana doesn't even produce opioids. So I really don't understand your point. Some opiates are produced by another plant, Papaver somniferum, not particularly related to the three Cannabis species that people use to get "high". The same poppy that makes opiates also makes the poppy seeds for your pastry.

You’re off on the topic of chemistry. I’m explaining why we even have drug sniffing dogs for one drug and we push others.

We have a $1T a year social misstep called “The War on [certain] Drugs” to protect a money pipeline that flows from Pharma to Politicians to Cops to Dog Trainers. A trillion dollars.

All to protect the “legal” drug flow that’s not exactly shown itself to be properly regulated, with opiate pill addiction on the rise and alcoholism as bad as it’s ever been.

Toss out the $1T a year in spend and let the dummies have their weed. Being that politicians will have to approve it, tax it if you like, like we did here. The neighbor being addicted to Oxycodone or drinking him or herself to death is a much bigger health problem that the neighbor smoking joints on his deck.

But they don’t want the money flow that pays a A metric crap ton of people all throughout the legal system and private incarceration system to go “poof” overnight.

Thus, “hero” drug dogs. It’s just a dog and it’s just part of a trillion dollar a year industry of repeat offenders that the rest of us can’t afford and frankly, couldn’t care less about. Go ingest whatever you like to get high, if that’s your best thing you can think of to spend your life doing.

We don’t need the no-knock raids on the wrong houses, flash bang grenades tossed in bang cribs, or any of the para-military expensive horse crap, or... drug dogs, if you just let the idiots get high. And the ones that decide to use other drugs and OD? They’re already doing it on pills if not powder up their noses.

Let Darwin handle it and limit Narcan to one free reminder they’re going to die, if the paramedics get to them in time the first time. Second round, forget it.

Chalk it up to my favorite phrase said at pilot funerals, “They died doing what they loved.” Apply it to the addict who didn’t get the hint the first time.

Don’t even get me started on alcohol and that money racket. I’m up to four people I knew personally who drank themselves to death. Their choice. It’s a stupid way to go, to me. And not exactly difficult for anyone to see coming as they choose to imbibe more and more.

Granted, I’m an engineer so I don’t have any of the nurturing or healing genes in my makeup. Save the idiots once, and then let ‘em finish the path they chose. Good paying work for the funeral home workers instead of drug “task forces.”

Following what I’m saying now?

Every addict I’ve ever known made a decision to stuff something in their body instead of dealing with their adult problems that everybody has in one degree or another. Let ‘em have it. $1T a year to fight it isn’t worth it.

You’re off on the topic of chemistry. I’m explaining why we even have drug sniffing dogs for one drug and we push others.

We have a $1T a year social misstep called “The War on [certain] Drugs” to protect a money pipeline that flows from Pharma to Politicians to Cops to Dog Trainers. A trillion dollars.

All to protect the “legal” drug flow that’s not exactly shown itself to be properly regulated, with opiate pill addiction on the rise and alcoholism as bad as it’s ever been.

Toss out the $1T a year in spend and let the dummies have their weed. Being that politicians will have to approve it, tax it if you like, like we did here. The neighbor being addicted to Oxycodone or drinking him or herself to death is a much bigger health problem that the neighbor smoking joints on his deck.

But they don’t want the money flow that pays a A metric crap ton of people all throughout the legal system and private incarceration system to go “poof” overnight.

Thus, “hero” drug dogs. It’s just a dog and it’s just part of a trillion dollar a year industry of repeat offenders that the rest of us can’t afford and frankly, couldn’t care less about. Go ingest whatever you like to get high, if that’s your best thing you can think of to spend your life doing.

We don’t need the no-knock raids on the wrong houses, flash bang grenades tossed in bang cribs, or any of the para-military expensive horse crap, or... drug dogs, if you just let the idiots get high. And the ones that decide to use other drugs and OD? They’re already doing it on pills if not powder up their noses.

Let Darwin handle it and limit Narcan to one free reminder they’re going to die, if the paramedics get to them in time the first time. Second round, forget it.

Chalk it up to my favorite phrase said at pilot funerals, “They died doing what they loved.” Apply it to the addict who didn’t get the hint the first time.

Don’t even get me started on alcohol and that money racket. I’m up to four people I knew personally who drank themselves to death. Their choice. It’s a stupid way to go, to me. And not exactly difficult for anyone to see coming as they choose to imbibe more and more.

Granted, I’m an engineer so I don’t have any of the nurturing or healing genes in my makeup. Save the idiots once, and then let ‘em finish the path they chose. Good paying work for the funeral home workers instead of drug “task forces.”

Following what I’m saying now?

Every addict I’ve ever known made a decision to stuff something in their body instead of dealing with their adult problems that everybody has in one degree or another. Let ‘em have it. $1T a year to fight it isn’t worth it.
Finally, you explained your position somewhat well. I wasn't off on the topic of chemistry when your writing made it seem like a relatively harmless plant was producing the more addicting compounds of another plant. It just sounded like someone who didn't know what they were discussing (I didn't really think that, but I couldn't see the connection you were making either).

Finally, you explained your position somewhat well. I wasn't off on the topic of chemistry when your writing made it seem like a relatively harmless plant was producing the more addicting compounds of another plant. It just sounded like someone who didn't know what they were discussing (I didn't really think that, but I couldn't see the connection you were making either).

Ah okay. Roger. Yeah. I’m just completely unimpressed (other than the dog handling skills) of even needing to train drug sniffing dogs.

I have a buddy who trains cadaver dogs. That’s a sad job but in my way of thinking much more useful than these silly “look how much drugs our hero dog found” marketing photos that PDs all post on their social media.

(PDs paying profesional PR people to handle their social media “presence” is also a stupid waste of time and money. It’s not like they’re competing in the marketplace against some other PD that’s going to show up and take their jurisdiction if we all don’t say “oooh” and “aahhh” at their perfect little web pages and crime stories of catching bad guys.

We all know we have to fill out our own police forms online for everyday crime to hand to our insurance company and nobody will ever be apprehended.

A lot of that silliness comes from TV, where there’s a dedicated team of ten cops working a single homicide case for over a week. LOL. Yeah, right. Let’s not forget the ten cop one bad guy shootout at the end of every show, too.

Once in a while you get a cop show that tells it like it is. Those are sometimes worth your time. Most of them are just middle-school level cops and robbers horse-crap. ;)

Funny. In Chicago this is the crime of the century and in the legalization states this is probably less than the daily legal sales volume.

Back