Its The Weekend! 5/16/2014

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Where and what are you flying!

Find a flying breakfast, aerobatics practice session, hangar flying BS session, what ever. Just get out to the airport and live the dream!

Crete, NE KCEK has a great breakfast every 3rd Sat of the month. This Sat! Tomorrow! Be there!

Find a flying breakfast, aerobatics practice session, hangar flying BS session, what ever. Just get out to the airport and live the dream!!
Do I have to use an airport?:D Forecast says thermals to 7K. Planning to go play with them but um an airport does me no good. Going to run right off the face of it... Earth that is.:yes:
Have a great one.

Flying Spirit home, then flying a real plane later! Weather looks great in Pa this weekend. Taking the c150 out for a quick trip to the beach or $100 breakfast.

Ive got a spin and tailwheel lesson this weekend. Cant wait, first time for both!

Find a flying breakfast, aerobatics practice session, hangar flying BS session, what ever. Just get out to the airport and live the dream!

Crete, NE KCEK has a great breakfast every 3rd Sat of the month. This Sat! Tomorrow! Be there!

I'm sick... :mad:

No flying but going to the air show at PDK. Doesn't look very good but any time I can walk around planes is a good day.

I'm flying southwest from Denver to Orlando tomorrow.

Weather looks like crap in MI this weekend. At least for Saturday, we'll see about Sunday. But I might have to postpone a hike from Saturday to Sunday if it's bad enough, in which case I'll be earthbound the whole weekend.

Probably take the 182 up with no particular destination in mind. Got some stuff to do before I can play.

Taking another tailwheel lesson in the PT-19. Let's hope tomorrow is the day I can keep the main gear tires straddling the center line on landing.

Last flight before annual.
Got dad the SPOT Gen3 for his bday today.

Going to fly from Dallas to Cedar Creek to watch some folks demolish our lakehouse.
Building a new one this summer. Just discovered a private runway a mile from that house. Going to get a hanger out there so we can fly down anytime.

And cool thing about that flight is they tend to let us fly direct over DFW. Love seeing the big guys fly under our little plane.

Should be fun father/ son weekend, flying, test out the SPOT, and watch some demolition.

Throw in a couple beers after and I am not sure it gets much better.

Flew down to Peach State (GA2) in a Super Cub for breakfast. (Love landing on grass). Got back to PDK in time for the Airshow

I started off Thursday from Hartford on United to Dallas. Jumped right into a flight check and pre-buy on a 2006 Avidyne Mirage.

Drove to Austin on Friday and dug into a flight check and pre-buy on a nearly new 2012 Mirage ( nice airplane ).

Sunday afternoon it's off to Buffalo to sit in on a Jetprop and Mirage annuals.

This Tuesday afternoon I was to be on my way to Portland OR for a meridian pre-buy but it fell through again.

I think I get to go home for 5 days after that.

Flying club had a BBQ at the airport pig roast spot landing contest! Lots of fun, first time participating in one

Picked up the number 2 grand daughter 150 miles west for an overnight. Airport was IFR :eek:, but and I told the tower I could see the airport 10 miles out? :rolleyes:

Returned to a nice EAA breakfast with the buds and then took the 8 out and flew to a acro practice session. A parachute rigger gave us a nice talk on care and use of parachutes.

Great day to be alive, healthy and flying.

Now I have to take granddaughter back home. :D

Last edited:
Last flight before annual.
Got dad the SPOT Gen3 for his bday today.

Going to fly from Dallas to Cedar Creek to watch some folks demolish our lakehouse.
Building a new one this summer. Just discovered a private runway a mile from that house. Going to get a hanger out there so we can fly down anytime.

And cool thing about that flight is they tend to let us fly direct over DFW. Love seeing the big guys fly under our little plane.

Should be fun father/ son weekend, flying, test out the SPOT, and watch some demolition.

Throw in a couple beers after and I am not sure it gets much better.

Now that does sound awesome.

PnP. 3 pups ROA to FDK, drop off a friend to get his skycatcher out of annual, then back to DMW.

One from the mountain, one from the beach. Neither one was epic, but it was fun.

No flying for me this weekend. Weather forecast for yesterday sucked, so I asked for and got a firm promise from my mech to do my oil change last night (based on time, not hours, for the first time since I bought the plane). This morning he told me he'd been working all night at his day job... par for the course. But today has been fairly productive doing research for the talk I need to give in VT in a couple of weeks, so I can't complain. With luck he'll actually keep his latest promise and I'll get to take the bird up tomorrow... before the t'storms move in for Tuesday and Wednesday.

No flying for me this weekend. Weather forecast for yesterday sucked, so I asked for and got a firm promise from my mech to do my oil change last night (based on time, not hours, for the first time since I bought the plane). This morning he told me he'd been working all night at his day job... par for the course. But today has been fairly productive doing research for the talk I need to give in VT in a couple of weeks, so I can't complain. With luck he'll actually keep his latest promise and I'll get to take the bird up tomorrow... before the t'storms move in for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Liz, I might be up with you!
If I can knock out some work stuff in the early morning...

Liz, I might be up with you!
If I can knock out some work stuff in the early morning...
Hey, that would be cool! I'll be the traffic on 123.05 circling above VLL at 3000 (I always do a post-mx test flight before launching anywhere).

I might do a run to 3DA after that though...

after 3 weeks off, got back in the plane with a plan. first stop, Concord Regional (JQF) only because I could fly over charlotte speedway before the TFR kicked in, and could get some Class D practice when it was pretty busy (because of the nascar races). well, winds kicked up quite a bit and I had one of the worst approaches and ended up doing a go-around. second landing was just good enough to put me on the ground safe, but I was frazzled and disappointed. plans changed. went inside and hung out at the FBO for a while, checked the weather, watched some of the awesome ranger game, then went back out and circled downtown charlotte a few times. I guess we all have bad days, oh well!

Attachments

• pic8.jpg
    pic8.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 3
  • pic10.jpg
    pic10.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 3
Gorgeous weekend to fly here and instead I ground pounded to/from the beach. :(

Packing up our motor home for sale and then back home to begin the great scale down/clean out. Putting the house on the market July 1 and closing on new home in Ocean City MD the end of this month. :)

How do we manage to collect so much 'stuff' over the years?

Got out and flew a bit Saturday - over to Walt Meziere's heavenly little airport ("Rockin' M, T14"), to say howdy. Then, over to Maesquite for gas and back home.

Lots of fun leaving and arriving, as Cavanaugh Museum was having Warbirds Over Addison, so lots of "workin' 'em in" by the Tower. We have great controllers at Addison!

Then, Saturday night, party for Angel Flight South Central at the Frontiers of Flight Museum (Love Field), got shook down pretty good. For a good cause.

All good fun.

Been a year already? That went quick

Actually closer to 14 months. Been down medically the last few months so I saw no reason to get the annual when it was due in March. But now that I'm cleared to fly again, I'm itching to get in the air again.

Hey, that would be cool! I'll be the traffic on 123.05 circling above VLL at 3000 (I always do a post-mx test flight before launching anywhere).
And then again, maybe not... Mechanic no-showed again last night. I'm actually not sure whether he did the oil change or not since his voicemail is full (again), but experience tends to say he is just up to his old antics. :mad:

And then again, maybe not... Mechanic no-showed again last night. I'm actually not sure whether he did the oil change or not since his voicemail is full (again), but experience tends to say he is just up to his old antics. :mad:

Blurph...

If it's any consolation, I'm still working. Just now noticed how lovely it is. Ah well, probably bumpy.

Didn't fly this weekend. It's killing me! LOL.

I did however, apparently throw a rock through Karen's rear truck window with the riding mower. Crap.

adydy5uh.jpg

Blurph...

If it's any consolation, I'm still working. Just now noticed how lovely it is. Ah well, probably bumpy.
Lotsa thermals for sure, right. ;)

Well I stopped at the hangar on the way to work, and sure enough, he hasn't done a thing on my plane. So I made an appointment over at Waterford for Wed. Now I just have to somehow get word to him to forget it... :mad2:

The bride and I flew from SoCal to Santa Rosa, drove all over the freaking place, a dozen wineries and breweries, bought a new purse for the wife, 60# of food for the dog, 100# of wine and flew home today. All in all - the magic carpet turned a 7.5-8 hour drive into a 2hr 20min flight each way.

People looked at us so funny when we left the small inn we stayed at - they asked us how we got there - and we said we flew - then they saw us leaving with a few 6 packs of wine, beer, dog food etc - they were definitely wondering how we were going to get that stuff on the airlines!

This weekend, 20 minutes of post maintenance check flight. Today, 8 hours round trip to Peoria for the best AME service (relatively little) money can buy.

I zoom climbed on take off. :goofy:

This weekend, 20 minutes of post maintenance check flight. Today, 8 hours round trip to Peoria for the best AME service (relatively little) money can buy.

I zoom climbed on take off. :goofy:
Yeah Bruce!

Back