Its getting a tad bit warm in here.

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
hey Brian, its kinda mild this year isnt it.
HOT.gif

Well, we are at 700 ft. DA gets up to 3k-ish. I think Nick has it worse where he is and DA. If i recall, they shut down his airport between hot periods of the day. LOL.

crikey. it was over 90 when I landed at Dulles and really humid - hazy. I got very spoiled in Italy - even Rome wasn't humid at all (despite being warm).

I think 70s and 80s are about perfect! now to find somewhere that is like that all year round. (not southern Cali though).

Michael said:
Well, we are at 700 ft. DA gets up to 3k-ish. I think Nick has it worse where he is and DA. If i recall, they shut down his airport between hot periods of the day. LOL.
I lived in Albuquerque once as well an remember them doing that. I was trying to depart Pheonix once in a C141. We had blown a hydralic line and were waiting for a part but it did not come in. It was getting hot enough that if we did not get it soon the runway would not be long enough for our departure. So instead of waiting for the part we caped the hose off and took off. We had brakes on the other wheels and were headed to KORD where we would have plenty of runway.

Last edited:
Michael said:
hey Brian, its kinda mild this year isnt it.
Yeah, you're seeing it worse than we are at the moment...but summer's coming!

June will be the worst. I'm curious to see what the monsoons bring this year. Rockin' and rollin'! :D

smigaldi said:
But it is a dry heat :D

So is a thermonuclear explosion.

If the talking heads are anywhere near correct, DA around here should be around 9500ft by monday and it's not even summer yet.

smigaldi said:
But it is a dry heat :D

So is an oven. :D

Oh, and I'm headed for Phoenix this afternoon for meetings tomorrow. Come home to sane temperatures tomorrow night.

woodstock said:
crikey. it was over 90 when I landed at Dulles and really humid - hazy. I got very spoiled in Italy - even Rome wasn't humid at all (despite being warm).

I think 70s and 80s are about perfect! now to find somewhere that is like that all year round. (not southern Cali though).

Not year around, but that describes our summers. And they are perfect.

woodstock said:

Hawaii. Every day is 80! It's just a little tough to get anywhere outside the state via GA. :(

Ghery's right, though, summer in the PNW is beautiful too. :yes:

Good lord Michael. I don't know how you do it.

Well...maybe seeing the pretty girls around the lake helps, but geez, 115? In Spring?

SkyHog said:
Good lord Michael. I don't know how you do it.

Well...maybe seeing the pretty girls around the lake helps, but geez, 115? In Spring?

Yea, the girls can only help to about 112 though. Next month we will be up to 125 ish. No pretty girl is gonna take that kinda heat off your mind.

Michael said:
Yea, the girls can only help to about 112 though. Next month we will be up to 125 ish. No pretty girl is gonna take that kinda heat off your mind.

Jeez, I would think that at about 110 the pretty girls give up and go somewhere they won't be burned to a crisp.

Personally, I think pretty girls and cold weather go better together. They're good for keeping warm. :yes: :D

flyingcheesehead said:
Personally, I think pretty girls and cold weather go better together. They're good for keeping warm. :yes: :D
Ah but the sightseeing is a LOT better right now, especially in AZ. They tend to wear less and it's not as 'taboo' as it is back East.

I traveled all over the state to various cities and towns and have to admit that Lake Havasu and Parker definitely get the prize for growing them pretty. I don't know if it's something in the water or what but the high school girls in those towns (they are near each other) are just darn gorgeous. Yuma would take a close third, oddly enough.

We import our girls from california every weekend.

I thought 114F in New Delhi was bad... wait... it's 100x worse!

Cheers,

-Andrew

Oh, quit yer yapping. It was only a few months ago it was as cold as a witch's...well, you know.

Michael, standby for the hook up.

Michael said:

125 are you serious? oh my. remind me never to move to Arizona. yikes.

woodstock said:
125 are you serious? oh my. remind me never to move to Arizona. yikes.
Actually, his side of the state (western edge of AZ) is typically the hottest part of the country on most summer days (Bullhead City, just north of Havasu, regularly sets the highest temp records for the country along with Death Valley). Here in Phoenix, it's unusual to get past 115.

And while it IS hot, it is definitely a different kind of 'hot' compared to the wet, sticky heat of the East. I much prefer this heat, however dry (along humidity does get up a little during monsoons), to that sauna.

Brian Austin said:
Actually, his side of the state (western edge of AZ) is typically the hottest part of the country on most summer days (Bullhead City, just north of Havasu, regularly sets the highest temp records for the country along with Death Valley). Here in Phoenix, it's unusual to get past 115.

And while it IS hot, it is definitely a different kind of 'hot' compared to the wet, sticky heat of the East. I much prefer this heat, however dry (along humidity does get up a little during monsoons), to that sauna.

I can believe that. a few days in Rome were mid 90s (a little unusual in May, but not too unusual) but NO humidity. sure it felt warm, but not bad and indeed if you just walked in the shade it was NO problem. once I landed at Dulles though, which was by 7 PM not even 90, it was ugh miserable. and the next few days were around 90 but humid - didn't even want to go outside. we went to a resto at lunch and tried to sit outside under a brella - forget about it. in Rome it was no problem as long as you were shaded.

woodstock said:
I can believe that. a few days in Rome were mid 90s (a little unusual in May, but not too unusual) but NO humidity. sure it felt warm, but not bad and indeed if you just walked in the shade it was NO problem. once I landed at Dulles though, which was by 7 PM not even 90, it was ugh miserable. and the next few days were around 90 but humid - didn't even want to go outside. we went to a resto at lunch and tried to sit outside under a brella - forget about it. in Rome it was no problem as long as you were shaded.
It's not unusual to sit outside at a restaurant here with 100+ degrees under an awning. The misters are going, spraying very fine water droplets above us. The water evaporates fast due to the dry air and the evaporation cools the air by as much as 20-40 degrees, depending on volume. Downright comfortable and, surprisingly, you don't get wet! :D

Back