It's coming- Talk like a pirate day! Sept 19

Aye, maties. Thares a storm brewin, I can feel it in me bones!

Yaaar! Enough from the tree of yas, or I make ye walk the plank!

What are the bets that Greebo implements a filter for the 19th that will auto-translate all posts into piratespeak? ;)

Well, I think they know about this in Australia, too. My camera was in its bag, or I'd have snapped a picture of the people dressed like pirates who walked by our outdoor restaurant on Darling Harbour at lunch today. :D Gorgeous day today.

Wasn't there a Monty Python skit about pirates where the inflatable parrot on the pirates shoulder kept deflating?

Arrgh me matey's does any of ye scuvy dogs knows what keeps a pirate's buckin' hat from falling down?

Why his buckin-ears of course

aaarrrghhh!!!

Sorry guys. Management council made me take down Pirates Of America along with the associated apparel.

shiver me timbers jesse, how will all the scurvy dogs goin to the fly in at ames be reservin a room?

Avast! Me wench be lovin' the talk o the pirate, and in fact she and her crew adopted their own custom: Write Contracts Like a Pirate Day.

To hear tell, the penalties for those scurvy dogs who don't stick to the code are horrible to hear.

Arrrhhhh.

Sorry guys. Management council made me take down Pirates Of America along with the associated apparel.
they be a bunch of scurvy dogs they be, arrrr. I say we come about and prepare for battle, aye we shall keel haul the lubbers and make 'em wish day was meeting davey jones, arrrrrr ;););)

Avast! Me wench be lovin' the talk o the pirate, and in fact she and her crew adopted their own custom: Write Contracts Like a Pirate Day.

To hear tell, the penalties for those scurvy dogs who don't stick to the code are horrible to hear.

Arrrhhhh.

I must 'a been three sheets to the wind! I forgot about 'talk like a pirate day". Thank the mermaids fer wisperin in me ear to check the POA (pirates 'o america) page.

Even if the 'code' is more like 'guidelines', I'da still have the Devil t'pay for fergittin. Harrr.

I had a board meeting today and voted "aye, aye" or "arrrr" all through the meeting. Nobody got it until I explained it was talk like a pirate day. The recording secretary's comment? "I don't know which is more pathetic. The people who come up with this stuff or the people who participate."

I'm such a picaroon.

I had a board meeting today and voted "aye, aye" or "arrrr" all through the meeting. Nobody got it until I explained it was talk like a pirate day. The recording secretary's comment? "I don't know which is more pathetic. The people who come up with this stuff or the people who participate."

I'm such a picaroon.

shiver me timbers, You be working with a group of scurvy dogs, you be, arrrrrrr

I'm such a picaroon.

Avast!! She must walk the plank, with the rest of the scurvey ridden dogs!

Seriously, though, I hate it when people at work try to ruin other's fun because they lack the .... "ce ne vais pas" .... to participate in fun stuff at work.

I deal with them daily. Sigh.

Yarrrr, this be the one day outta the yar that I be tradin' in me crown for rum!

So what exactly is this pirate thing about anyway? Wannabe Halloween #2 image or something?

Just wondering because one guy I know, that I avoid for the most part, goes off the deep end with the pirate day routine every year...and he has never even been on a boat much less touched a sail or even knows any of the terminology. (Actually he reminds me of the off the deep end harley posers more than anything only doing it for the pirate thing)

It's the day I would pay extra for thread ignore button.

So what exactly is this pirate thing about anyway? Wannabe Halloween #2 image or something?

Just wondering because one guy I know, that I avoid for the most part, goes off the deep end with the pirate day routine every year...and he has never even been on a boat much less touched a sail or even knows any of the terminology. (Actually he reminds me of the off the deep end harley posers more than anything only doing it for the pirate thing)

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

Arrgghh it be a day for ye inner-pirate to come out on deck. Arrrgghhh!!

Ahoy Tower, we be puttin' in at this field, with Rum. Yarr, correction on that, we be havin' Whiskey!

On the other hand - I think real pirates, by the time they notice the red dots on each others head from the SEALs, probably wouldn't have a chance to say much of anything.

Yarr, it be time to break out ye olde pirate keyboard again...

corsair.jpg

Hmm... this appears to be morphing into talk like a pirate week.

pretty soon hallmark will be making cards and then we will be expected to buy gifts...

Yes, but the gifts are rum. Who can complain about that?

Yarr, I be seekin' a mast so's I can mark me territory!

Attachments

• PirateDog.jpeg
    PirateDog.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 5
Back