It's been too long.

Track up. I re-orient paper charts to follow the track, too.

I sense that there is an untapped market for alternatives to these two options. What if I want to use South Up or Track Right? What about Saudia pilots who may want Mecca Up?

I hate track up on any piece of navigation equipment, but it land, air, or sea. I beg any software developers on here working on things like this to please give the option to have North up.

Track up is good for those that blindly follow the magenta line and don’t know or care where they’re actually headed. They’re the same ones that wind up sitting in hours of traffic on 95 around NYC after repeatedly being told to avoid that route. These same people don’t learn and will do the same thing again next time.

It depends, high altitude cruise, north up, easier for plotting Lat/Long. Low altitude navigation run into the target area, track up, radar aim point offsets left and right of track and visual references match left and right. It makes a difference at 540 knots, maybe not so much at 90 knots.

Track up,a holdover from paper chart days.

One of each?

Depends on what I'm doing at the moment, but I generally find i have much more situational awareness when I'm flying my little plane around a map with North up than I do with track up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North up, always. Heck, even in paper chart days, I oriented it North up.

Back