It was a perfect day!

Grum.Man

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Grum.Man
Started the day taking my commercial written exam which I scored a perfect 100 on. Met up with @eman1200 and flew in the infamous Moonanza. I’m happy to report there is plenty of head and leg room and finer ergonomics in a Mooney. Didn’t know where the heck I was half the time with his North up GPS settings. Flew formation with several birds and even flew a simultaneous approach with a Warrior which turned out to be a helicopter and not the warrior we were expecting that was visiting for Marine week at JQF. Finished the day off over beers with scantly clad women.

Hope your day was as epic as mine!

Attachments

• D23E803D-F275-4015-951F-EB3F7CDF74E5.jpeg
    D23E803D-F275-4015-951F-EB3F7CDF74E5.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 120
Mrs. @FlySince9 would get irked seeing the pic of the offset headrest, it drives her nuts. me too.

good times grum, congrats on the commercial written!

Grum’s steep turn.

e1bbc5b9cabe9d82454095c19d772a2b.png

Started the day taking my commercial written exam which I scored a perfect 100 on. Met up with @eman1200 and flew in the infamous Moonanza. I’m happy to report there is plenty of head and leg room and finer ergonomics in a Mooney.

Plenty of room in a Mooney, unless you have some problems with your horizontal control.

Finished the day off over beers with scantly clad women.

Pics or it didn't happen.

A fun write-up to read on a Tuesday morning.

And neither of you look anything like what I suspected. No one on this forum does. I miss the good old days when everyone was an old balding guy with a paunch who upgraded to bigger machinery just because he exceeded the W&B of their prior aircraft.

At 34 I don't feel so young anymore. I used to be the kid at work, now there are a lot of guys and gals in their mid to late 20's...

1) North up is the way human beings have looked at maps since the dawn of cartography. 2) He thinks Moonanzas are roomy. 3) He got in an aircraft with a guy who carries a rolled up dollar bill and a razor blade in his pocket protector.

What's wrong with you, boy?

Congrats on the exam.

You aced the commercial knowledge test? You make the rest of us common folk look bad! The DPE won't have anything to quiz you on when you take the practical. Congrats!

You aced the commercial knowledge test? You make the rest of us common folk look bad! The DPE won't have anything to quiz you on when you take the practical. Congrats!

I was shocked too. I was worried after the IFR test since it had a lot of stuff I didn’t study so I doubled down on the commercial. The proctor said it was the highest score he had seen.

I was shocked too. I was worried after the IFR test since it had a lot of stuff I didn’t study so I doubled down on the commercial. The proctor said it was the highest score he had seen.
:rolleyes:
Well it would be hard for him to see a higher one.

Well technically I got a 101 as I had one evaluation question that I got correct as well :cool:
What study materials did you use?
King, Sheppard, etc.

What study materials did you use?
King, Sheppard, etc.

Mostly King. I got paranoid at the last minute and bought Sheppard. Glad I did as there were several questions that weren’t on King. Not sure I would rely soly on Sheppard but it was obviously effective.

Back