It Looks Like There Is a New CFI on the Board!

I made my own lesson plans. I went through the entire CFI PTS and made lesson plans for every task.

nod-of-approval.gif

Congrats again on the check ride. I have a feeling you're gonna make a great instructor. :)

nod-of-approval.gif

Congrats again on the check ride. I have a feeling you're gonna make a great instructor. :)
Thank you sir! I knew if I bought the lesson plans I wouln't learn as much. All the effort I put into them paid off and I feels like it's going to make me a better instructor

I'll give you some advice that I wish others had told me when I began instructing. Savor your time as an instructor rather than being in a race to build time and move on. Looking back at it, it was the most enjoyable flying I have ever done!

Alright! Congrats buddy! Wasn't as bad as you feared, right? Glad to see you get it done. I'm surprised you guys moved through the oral so quickly. Sounds almost just like my oral, except for some more advanced aerodynamics that will probably never make it to my students. 3 hours is quick for the oral, mine was about 6, but sounds like you guys had a very busy 3. How long was the flight?

I'll give you some advice that I wish others had told me when I began instructing. Savor your time as an instructor rather than being in a race to build time and move on. Looking back at it, it was the most enjoyable flying I have ever done!
For sure! I work at flight school but I just gave in my two weeks to work at another one. The current flight school I work at does a lot of introductory flights but has very little students. The school I train at has lots of students and a wide variety of planes. I feel like I would learn more from actual students then just taking up intro flights which are pretty much glorified sightseeing flights IMO. Even though my end goal is to be an airline pilot, I still want to build quality hours and learn as much possible while flight instructing as I feel like I still have a lot to learn.

Alright! Congrats buddy! Wasn't as bad as you feared, right? Glad to see you get it done. I'm surprised you guys moved through the oral so quickly. Sounds almost just like my oral, except for some more advanced aerodynamics that will probably never make it to my students. 3 hours is quick for the oral, mine was about 6, but sounds like you guys had a very busy 3. How long was the flight?
The oral flew by but it was a lot of questions in 3 hours. I really only went in depth on adverse yaw for aerodynamics as he seemed to be satisfied with my other answers for aerodynamics. After I finished explaining adverse yaw I also went into a description of how the Arrow uses differential ailerons to decrease the effect of it. The flight was 1.6 on the hobbs. The flying portion was very enjoyable and he flew about 50% of the time.

Back