It is cold

I was amazed, when I visited the grocery store, to see that the meat department was cleaned out (Except for lamb. No one wanted the lamb. But., I digress). The forecast was for, I kid you not, one and one-half days of possible freezing precip. Nuts.

And, of course, by mid-day Friday, it was great flying weather, so I... flew. Altimeter 30.61 - not sure I've personally observed it higher, but the plane flew great. Only problem was the work involved in getting my hangar at T82 open - it faces north, and the the ice accumulated in the tracks where the wheels run was a bit of a challenge. Glad I brought along a wrecking bar and a big hammer; cleared the tracks in about 15 minutes, then all was well.

Here in Baja, the day’s high either did or didn’t hit 70, depending on how close to the ocean you live.

nighttime lows are low-40s. The city of Ensenada is on alert.

I was amazed, when I visited the grocery store, to see that the meat department was cleaned out (Except for lamb. No one wanted the lamb. But., I digress).

Now you know people that seek lamb.

My wife has the quite-odd allergy to beef. It’s, at the very least, highly inconvenient.

This happened here in OH. I don't understand the winter physics of it. It was on its nosewheel before the ice storm came through. Or is this something the owner did, like all the cars with windshield wipers pointed skyward?

upload_2022-2-6_6-19-14.png

This happened here in OH. I don't understand the winter physics of it. It was on its nosewheel before the ice storm came through. Or is this something the owner did, like all the cars with windshield wipers pointed skyward?

View attachment 104395

Well, at least it’s finally in its proper position now. Mother Nature was passing through and was like, “WTF? Here, let me help you fix this plane.”

View attachment 104395
Little or no fuel, couple hundred pounds of ice and snow on the horizontal stab/elevator

I didn’t know that was a thing.
I know a couple people who have a beef allergy. One of them got it after getting Lyme disease :dunno: Not sure about the the other one, but apparently he can still occasionally eat a few bits of steak if he's willing to deal with the consequences.

I would not be happy. Brisket>Pulled Pork

Little or no fuel, couple hundred pounds of ice and snow on the horizontal stab/elevator

View attachment 104395
Looks like a good time to grease the front wheel bearings!

I finally got to install these cessna cowl air restrictor plates. Designed to be used under 20°f.
IMG_1448.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG

Painted them the same color as the propeller to blend in for now. When I repaint the cowl then I would paint them to match. I think we have more cold weather this year to fly in? Just have to get my airport open first!! lol
Hoping for more cabin heat on decent to the airport?

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

That ice might be why your plane is hard to start. Mystery solved

Do we need to sacrifice a skier or two to make winter go away?
It snowed. The wind blew so hard I have an apron of ice 18 inches into hanger and a couple of nine inch deep x 18 inch long snow piles at each end of the hanger where there is a gap in the seal.
The ice storm that followed has sealed the bottom of the hanger door. Yaaay!
The hanger door is stuck, it won't open. The motor is making painful noises. Booo!
I tried chipping the ice away. Hahahahahahaha!
It's supposed to be 40 degrees on Wednesday. I'll believe it when I see it.

I didn’t know that was a thing.
I have a daughter who is allergic to pork. Another is allergic to garlic and onions.
That's REALLY inconvenient. Other than Cheerios, what doesn't use garlic and onions?

Weird.

View attachment 104395

Back when we used to have a handful of derelicts on the ramp tie-downs here, this was the usual sight in winter time. Doesn't take much snow and ice on the horizontal tail to make the planes look skyward. That's why 100% of the flyable aircraft around here are hangared, winter can be hard on them. Now that those derelicts are gone, the ramp looks empty unless any transients are here.

I have a daughter who is allergic to pork. Another is allergic to garlic and onions.
That's REALLY inconvenient. Other than Cheerios, what doesn't use garlic and onions?

Weird.
vampires?

Back