It doesn't get much hotter than this ...

txflyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Fly it like you STOL it ♦
100 degrees and a L-39 flew in today at 11R with a hot blonde pilot and a hot red head S.O.

They were spooling up so I couldn't get a closer shot of the hotties.

Kinda shook this one horse town up... :D

Wow thats really awesome. I cant imagine how it must feel to fly one of thoses.

Thanks for the picture!

Nice.

I would have said "Yeah, my MiG is at the shop getting a cup holder installed. I don't know whose 152 that is."

Janice told me they were from Port Lavaca ...

I told her "dang, the shrimpin' bidniss must be good!"

Can L-39's go supersonic?

No chic pics? You say they were hot, how do we know it wasn't caitlyn?

Interesting markings, especial when you combine the Griffin on the tail and no tail number. You may have had the princess of Denmark.

Interesting how similar the coats of arms are... but it's definitely Bohemia, not Luxembourg.

That is an L-139, and is the only privately-owned one. N1390A, owned by Veruca Salt. Doubt it's the Veruca Salt from Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, but could be. :rofl:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N1390A/history/20150622/2000Z/11R/KPKV

I'm guessing this is your hot blonde?
https://www.schemedesigners.com/sample-projects/aero-vodochody-l-139-n1390a/

POA is amazing. Somebody here will know something about anything.

And thought that blonde was hot. Maybe not is the popular sense, but I think she is awesome.

That is an L-139, and is the only privately-owned one. N1390A, owned by Veruca Salt. Doubt it's the Veruca Salt from Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, but could be. :rofl:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N1390A/history/20150622/2000Z/11R/KPKV

I'm guessing this is your hot blonde?
https://www.schemedesigners.com/sample-projects/aero-vodochody-l-139-n1390a/

110s.m. at 12,000 .... 20 minutes. What a ride!

Veruca Salt is the LLC

Diana Stanger pilot. I know that guy in the picture. Can't think of his name but I've met him. Real nice guy. :)

0801_Dianna_Stanger.jpg

I cant imagine how it must feel to fly one of thoses.

They are a lot of fun. Pressurized, air conditioned, and handle like a big heavy RV8, but much, much faster. A good friend of mine bought one last year and I've got to fly it from the back seat. I would not like to feed the fuel tanks however. We went thru $1200 worth of Jet-A in a little over an hour doing a BBQ run followed by a little acro fun. You have to live in a "different financial world" from us mere mortals to afford to fly one regularly for fun.

They are a lot of fun. Pressurized, air conditioned, and handle like a big heavy RV8, but much, much faster. A good friend of mine bought one last year and I've got to fly it from the back seat. I would not like to feed the fuel tanks however. We went thru $1200 worth of Jet-A in a little over an hour doing a BBQ run followed by a little acro fun. You have to live in a "different financial world" from us mere mortals to afford to fly one regularly for fun.

Yeah her bio reads like a billionaire.

Hawker Beechcraft, PC-12, Bell Jet Ranger, Waco, Cirrus, Bonanza, L-139 ... operates an FBO and two flight schools, on and on ...

Dianna and I are now friends on FB.

She said this was her first solo trip to Brenham.

So what is the regulation that allows the plane to not have a tail number?

Rough estimate of fuel burn is 40 gph for 400kts. Range 1073 without drop tanks. Does it have a luggage compartment?

Apparently this is THE L-139, wiki says there was only one made? Could be outdated.

Last edited:
Yup, being the wife of a billionaire is good livin'. I don't think it goes mach, but, heck what do I know. It doesn't over CONUS that's for sure. I had a kind of siren song idea that if I made big money somehow I'd have a team re-create the SR-71, but with a bit smaller footprint, and maybe mod it for some turbofan engines. That would be the way to visit OSH! hehe. Prolly have lousy non-mach handling though. Oh well, no need to worry about it.

Interesting how similar the coats of arms are... but it's definitely Bohemia, not Luxembourg.

Yup, this one was made in Vodochody, hence the Bohemian twin-tail lion.
If we were talking about a Zlin, the tail would likely display the Moravian Eagless.

I never dreamt that the ONLY 139 in the world would end up in Texas. Go Cowboys!! :)

Actually I was no closer than you were. :( It's Czech, and the lion on the tail is from the Bohemian coat of arms.

Do not be too hard on yourself. Can you imagine how many European countries use lions, wolves and eagles for their coat of arms? Somebody please run the numbers. My guess is 90%. I will put down a $20 on that. :)

What's the difference between an L-39 and L-139 anyway? Engine?
100. Also avionics and engine.

I don't think it goes mach...
It doesn't, not even as close as most long-range airliners these days.

Nauga,
and his constant speed, variable noise smoke generator

Last edited:
She's supposed to be hot?

I don't even know if I got a stir down below from her....and that's saying something.

Back