It can't be a greaser, plant it on the deck and get it stopped!

Bill, should we go around?

-No, we have brakes and people are watching!

Great idea Bill, wait.... I didnt bring my bathing suit, dont park on the beach.

-Too late, im an idiot.

In a place like that, no shame in a go around. Not that there ever is.

Like you said, there is never shame in any go around, this video proves that.:yes:

Anytime it don't feel right, go around. If you haven't done a go around in a while do it for fun!

Last edited:
Liked the video, macho attitude of the pilot,I can get it down no problem. Hate to see that bill if it's not totaled.

Thanks for that - marked as a favorite.

Human psychology is the culprit here, I think.

It's called "task fixation". You're so focused on one thing you become almost literally blind to other options.

Any pilot with sufficient hours can point to examples, I'm sure.

I know I can!

Talented twin pilot, it took both engines to get him to the crash site.:D

Liked the video, macho attitude of the pilot,I can get it down no problem. Hate to see that bill if it's not totaled.

Yeah, that's gonna be ugly. Two props, two engine teardowns, gear inspection (at a minimum)...

Those DHC-6 Pilots are something though! That is really impressive stop on that Otter.

Go-Arounds are good to practice. People don't think to practice them like they do other flight maneuvers like slow flight, stalls, and touch and goes. But they are just as important if not more in some situations. It is as much a physical exercise as it is a mental one. Being on a perfect approach over the runway at perfect speed and being told to go around; will you hesitate? Then you haven't practiced enough.

We all learn this lesson the hard way...some harder than others as this video shows.

Last edited:
I liked the advice to "Keep you insurance agent's phone number on speed dial."

I've seen this video a bunch. Pretty poor piloting by the landing aircraft. Too bad he wrecked his plane and probably his vacation. I don't think anyone was injured so that's good!

That sure is a long time to float and reflect on all the bad decision making going on in this landing attempt

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back