It ain't over 'till it's in the chocks

That's not Banzai. THIS is Banzai!

View attachment 104339

Quite familiar with that.

In Alaska, we called them "Crash and Burns." Upon coming to a stop, a gallon jug of "Jet Fuel" was attached to your mouth. You didn't have to drink it, but you didn't dare let any leak out, since the Everclear on the table was on fire!

Ah, the good 'ole days...

That looks to me like someone started the engine with the power lever up.

That's possible, but if so, are there not brakes available? Would not the power lever be accessible? From the video, there appeared to be ample time to both apply the brakes and to chop the power. It also appeared that the Pilatus was accelerating just prior to impact.

Maybe brainfreeze in the cockpit?

That's possible, but if so, are there not brakes available? Would not the power lever be accessible? From the video, there appeared to be ample time to both apply the brakes and to chop the power. It also appeared that the Pilatus was accelerating just prior to impact.

Maybe brainfreeze in the cockpit?

yes to the PCL being accessible, yes to the brakes being accessible, and an almost certain yes to a brainfreeze in the cockpit.

Sometimes when people encounter something that they did not even consider as a remote possibility they freeze, and that is my guess (monday morning quarterbacking) as to what happened here.

It’s possible they were on the brakes, and due to the icy/contaminated condition of the ramp they were not effective. The PC12 has VERY good brakes, and it doesn’t take much to lock them up even on a dry ramp/runway. They very well may have had the tires locked up all the way to impact.

I don't understand why it's so hard to assign blame. Clearly the one culture we can all agree is beyond redemption and indisputably at fault... the KLINGONS!

yes to the PCL being accessible, yes to the brakes being accessible, and an almost certain yes to a brainfreeze in the cockpit.

Sometimes when people encounter something that they did not even consider as a remote possibility they freeze, and that is my guess (monday morning quarterbacking) as to what happened here.

It’s possible they were on the brakes, and due to the icy/contaminated condition of the ramp they were not effective. The PC12 has VERY good brakes, and it doesn’t take much to lock them up even on a dry ramp/runway. They very well may have had the tires locked up all the way to impact.

Does the PC-12 have reverse/beta thrust capability?

Quite familiar with that.

In Alaska, we called them "Crash and Burns." Upon coming to a stop, a gallon jug of "Jet Fuel" was attached to your mouth. You didn't have to drink it, but you didn't dare let any leak out, since the Everclear on the table was on fire!

Ah, the good 'ole days...

Photo was taken in Japan, and the fellows to either side are genuine Japanese soldiers. They furnished the headband, so cultural appropriation cannot apply. They had no idea what the hell was happening until it happened, and I'm pretty sure that guy on the left is shouting "NOOOOOOOO!!!" (or "IIEEEEEE!!!!") It is a miracle that rickety field table did not collapse. Terrible collision between far eastern politeness and western movie culture.

What’s it called tension force would crack the wing at the connecting point? Seems right on math wise.

Regards to the China cargo, what $$ damages are we talking per engine?

This particular airline has had some quite amazing incidents over the years.

Back