Isn’t ILS/LPV supposed to be “more difficult” than VOR IAP?

Superhomer wasn't legal for IFR.

210773-19.jpg

I didn't remember that. Most of my GA time (at least instrument training was with variable prop airplanes.) OTOH, then there were the air knockers, which I flew a lot.

you said “knockers” hehehe..........

No YOU grow up!

ILS and especially LPV approaches are MUCH easier to fly than offset VOR or offset GPS approaches. That's why the minimums are better.

ILS and especially LPV approaches are MUCH easier to fly than offset VOR or offset GPS approaches. That's why the minimums are better.
How do you feel about offset ILS and LPV approaches, which can be offset up to 3 degrees? (KFLG Runway 21 as examples.)

How do you feel about offset ILS and LPV approaches, which can be offset up to 3 degrees? (KFLG Runway 21 as examples.)

Any offset approach can be a little harder, but depends on how low you are going..

Having a chart/ mapping out your aircraft’s power settings and speeds/ etc.. helps with managing the approach and step down fixes .... this chart is for a p210n silver eagle

4C03FAB8-1B83-48B0-961D-C467BB29B359.png

Last edited:
You know, now that I think about my last couple training flights, perhaps some of my issues were related to inconsistent power settings caused by erratic MP readings (see my other post about getting it repaired/replaced).

That’s at least encouraging, I’m not THAT bad of an IR student, I don’t think. We’ll see after I get the plane fixed...

Back