Is the USSS starting to use some common sense?

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Looking at the TFR that's centered over-ish Somerset, NJ I see not 1, not 2, not 3, but SIX cutouts for airports near the edge of the TFR.

Not that a TFR in itself demonstrates much in the way of common sense, but I was surprised to see a bunch of notches in the ring.

But no cutouts for the one at Morristown. o_O

Maybe it's cost cutting so they don't have to go chase down planes at the edge of the outer ring. ;)

I was down in Miami this spring when Trump was down there on one of his trips. I was shocked at how close ATC vectored me to the inner ring. It was really close. :eek: I brought it up a couple of times. I didn't want someone flying off my wing tip asking me to rock my wings because ATC vectored me into trouble.

But no cutouts for the one at Morristown. o_O
I'm guessing because the Morristown one is only for an hour each time and the Bedminster one goes for 2 days

Maybe it's cost cutting so they don't have to go chase down planes at the edge of the outer ring. ;)

I was down in Miami this spring when Trump was down there on one of his trips. I was shocked at how close ATC vectored me to the inner ring. It was really close. :eek: I brought it up a couple of times. I didn't want someone flying off my wing tip asking me to rock my wings because ATC vectored me into trouble.
Did you ever hear Bill Cox's story of getting face planted on the pavement by the guys in the black SUVs?

Did you ever hear Bill Cox's story of getting face planted on the pavement by the guys in the black SUVs?

Maybe. I've read one or two. I was ready to tell them "unable" if they vectored me into the inner ring. Pretty sure, not 100%, but pretty dang sure, I don't qualify to fly through the inner ring, even IFR. The guy on the other end of the radio wouldn't be the guy at the wrong end of the gun, so....

Talk about putting the hurts on GA and the little guy.

Just another step away from the nation our forefather knew.

Honestly, if some politician gets killed we just elect another one, 95% of the are interchangeable anyways

They were meant to be replaceable. THat's why we hold elections. Quit electing the same dumbasses....

Robbinsville (N87) has always had the cutout for this TFR. Despite that the TFR still scares weekend flyers away. I have flow around and into N87 several times with the TFR yp, it does not look any different this time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back