Is it possible for the Garmin 560 to talk to the Century One?

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
When I bought my Grumman, the seller said it would be pretty simple to get the century one to read and track the line on the 560. Currently it is setup to track a VOR (whatever that is).

I got to thinking it probably isn't really possible. I can't imagine them allowing certified avionics to receive data from portable devices but who knows...

The aera draws an electronic “heading line” on the Navigation Map. The headi line can be set to
time or distance.
Heading Line
Heading line Setup

Changing the heading line settings on the Navigation map:
1) From the 'Home' Screen, touch map > menu > Set Up map.
2) Touch the buttons to display the 'line' Category.
3) Touch Heading line.
4) Touch the buttons to select ('Off', 'Time', or 'distance').
5) Touch the +/- buttons to select the desired distance or time (if applicable).
Maybe this is what he was talking about pg 159 of manual

You want your autopilot to receive an input from a portable gps?

Give me a call man... I'll put you in touch with a guy who works for this company called Century in a town called Mineral Wells.

Pretty sure the century is only analog inputs which the 560 doesn't do

When I bought my Grumman, the seller said it would be pretty simple to get the century one to read and track the line on the 560. Currently it is setup to track a VOR (whatever that is).

I got to thinking it probably isn't really possible. I can't imagine them allowing certified avionics to receive data from portable devices but who knows...

You could probably do it with an Icarus SAM, but you'd have to get a field approval for it to be legal.

I really want to put that Garmin in Street mode and have the airplane follow the ground map

Technically, yes... buy the adapter box from Porcine Associates.

But it's sold for experimental use. In this new day & age? Maybe...

Paul

Back