Is it fun to fly a Cirrus?

Here's a video with a good angle on one:

Oh no that does what I thought it would. I thought you meant like you actually twist the joystick like a yawing motion.

Woah really? The joystick twists for ailerons? Not side to side? Wow that seems super weird lol...feel like that would take a while to get used to.
It's not a joystick it's a yoke. just on the side

Saw a beautiful Bonanza last week...what a nice airplane

Well, the Cirrus can do 200 with a tail wind as well, I was just a little sad I couldn't get it to 200 true, oh well.

DSC2.jpg

Not really. You keep quoting numbers from the 550 powered airplwane which you don't have. Also mine does 219ktas at FL250. But keep telling yourself that.

And please keep saying "oh chute" in every cirrus thread. It's absolutely hilarious every single time. It just doesn't get old.

Not really. You keep quoting numbers from the 550 powered airplwane which you don't have. Also mine does 219ktas at FL250. But keep telling yourself that.
you musta missed the performance data I posted. Yes really, my turbo is that fast.:D

show me where I posted anything with a 550 in it....cause I didn't.

Previous thread. Where you modified your post after I called you out on it. Anyway, I'm sick of your crap. Ignore.

you musta missed the performance data I posted. Yes really, my turbo is that fast.:D

show me where I posted anything with a 550 in it....cause I didn't.
I was going to say about how your charts were in mph not kts, but then saw the upper limit of the power band will net close to 230 which should be around 200kts if I'm not mistaken.

Cirrus pilot. Pull the chute is solution to all.

Yeah at 85% power.....I am sure the engine rebuilders love this.

Good point. Depends on who you are, what else you've flown, and a bunch of other factors. I've flown about 30 different makes and models and they were all fun to fly. Some, of course, result in longer lasting smiles than others, at least for certain flights.

Yep....I am more into the actual flying the airplane as smooth as I can. Smooth landings, smooth take offs etc.

Now I am worried that having a Cirrus will make it harder to be friends with Bonanza pilots. Is that a common thing? :)

Yes. just as good as the arrow for sure. I think better but everyone is different. I'm confident you will not find it less fun than the arrow.
Thanks. I think I'll go get checked out on a rental Cirrus in AZ and then the worst case scanario is that I have a fast plane I can rent when I am down there avoiding the northern winter.

Back