Is "Always" a chic flick?

That movie made me sad and I cried. I was sad I wan't flying that bomber and I cried when it went down.

That movie made me sad and I cried. I was sad I wan't flying that bomber and I cried when it went down.

Oh man, just when I was beginning to think I wasn't confused anymore... what gives?

Ohhh yeah. And I am a sucker for them. Especially if there are airplanes involved.

Ohhh yeah. And I am a sucker for them. Especially if there are airplanes involved.
Henning and I just watched it. I can't wait for him to express an opinion. :D

Should I let him pick the movie tomorrow night? :D

Henning and I just watched it. I can't wait for him to express an opinion. :D

Should I let him pick the movie tomorrow night? :D

I dont' know Diana............... you let a guy pilot pick the movie and you might end up with "Debbie does Dulles". :p

I dont' know Diana............... you let a guy pilot pick the movie and you might end up with "Debbie does Dulles". :p

This is from a girl who fell asleep ten minutes or less into Flyboys....

Considering the premise of the original version (A Guy Named Joe) it should be no surprise the sequel is geared towards that gender.

Yes, it is a Chick Flick. And yes, it is a good one.

And Holly Hunter is a major babe.

:no: Absolutely NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too much fire and flying!

It aint no English patient!!! :yes:

I liked the girl too!!!!;) I wouldn't mind finding one like her!:drink:

Yes, but as Chick Flicks go it's not a bad one.

Its supposed to be a chick flick but I dont think it would be my first choice. The original guy dies and never ends up with her again so he's forced to move on, not my idea of a happy ending despite her finding somone else. Its only related to flying in the sense that he was a pilot and went down trying to save his friend. That part was at least heroic but I don't find a lot romantic about the other parts. Don't get me wrong though, I don't mind the movie.

Yes, but as Chick Flicks go it's not a bad one.

That's my thought exactly. Its got some cool flying scenes and humor, so.....it certainly aint:

1. The Mirror has Two Faces
2. Snow Falling on Cedars
3. The Piano
4. The Dirty Dozen

Its supposed to be a chick flick but I dont think it would be my first choice. The original guy dies and never ends up with her again so he's forced to move on, not my idea of a happy ending despite her finding somone else. Its only related to flying in the sense that he was a pilot and went down trying to save his friend. That part was at least heroic but I don't find a lot romantic about the other parts. Don't get me wrong though, I don't mind the movie.

So Tristan, from the chick herself, what's your choice for great "chick flick"?

Chick flick? Hell, no. It's a bit cheesy in parts, but it made me cry and had good if improbable aviation scenes.

So Tristan, from the chick herself, what's your choice for great "chick flick"?
For chicks to watch. "How to loose a guy in ten days" is halarious. Top gun is always a classic for fast airplanes and not bad looking guys. Ever After I forced someone to watch before, so thats probably my picks. Funny enough, I just have a lot airplane movies. I'm pathetic enough in saying that I previously had never thought about it a lot because I thought most guys hated that stuff and it was cruel and unusual punishment. Some don't mind as much though so I have yet to find a really good movie.

Just make 'em watch Beauty and the Beast or the Little Mermaid, then tell me what you think! hehe

For chicks to watch. "How to loose a guy in ten days" is halarious. Top gun is always a classic for fast airplanes and not bad looking guys. Ever After I forced someone to watch before, so thats probably my picks. Funny enough, I just have a lot airplane movies. I'm pathetic enough in saying that I previously had never thought about it a lot because I thought most guys hated that stuff and it was cruel and unusual punishment. Some don't mind as much though so I have yet to find a really good movie.

Check out "Tatoo", and if you can find a copy "Bad Boy Bubby".

Check out "Tatoo", and if you can find a copy "Bad Boy Bubby".

"Hot Shots I" the spoof on Top Gun, is really a beautiful love story with pilots and great flying, with Charlie Sheen and every line is a laugh.

Now what's wrong with "Debbie does Dulles" :dunno: I mean it's high flying flick, right ??? :D

And yeah "Always" was definetly a "chick flick". The kind ya love to watch with a chick. ;)

Dave :blueplane:

Definitely YES!!!

Just like Pearl Harbor- it's a Chick Flick, with enough action to keep a guy interested....
I liked Always. Thought Pearl Harbor was pathetic. I guess because Pearl Harbor was an actual event I thought it should have been more accurate (any accuracy would have been appreciated - I think the only thing they got correct was some orientals bombed Pearl Harbor) where Always was a fictional story and thus had more leeway.

That's my thought exactly. Its got some cool flying scenes and humor, so.....it certainly aint:

1. The Mirror has Two Faces
2. Snow Falling on Cedars
3. The Piano
4. The Dirty Dozen
5. Doctor Zivago
6. Gone with the Wind
7. Love Story

The Dirty Dozen is a chick flick?

Back