IRS Building Hit By Small Plane

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Not the FBI Office Austin, TX., they are in the building next door. This building contains CIA & IRS and civilian offices.

This was an intential act. The pilot set his house on fire, then got in his plane to attack the IRS building.

Last edited:
Plane Into Building - Austin, TX

Seen on Fox News. A plane has impacted a building in Austin, TX. Video is showing the building on fire. No details.

http://www.kvue.com/

Last edited:
Re: FBI Building Hit By Small Plane

Oh, holy crap.

FBI Office Austin, TX.

Does not seem to be an accident at this time. The plane hit dead center in the building. Plenty of places to land around the area.

They say the FBI is not in that building.

Could this be an accident?

(Airport approach, etc etc?)

It's being reported that "there are quite a few small airports" in the area.

Regardless...it won't be good!

Re: Plane Into Building - Austin, TX

Read an eyewitness' account (from Austin American-Statesman, the local paper)- "Tucker Thurman was driving to work on the U.S. 183 flyover near MoPac Boulevard (Loop 1) when he said he saw a small plane, very low, flying over the highway. He said he saw it then bank heavily to the right before heading into the building."

This is nowhere near any runway of any kind.

It is hard to envision it as an accidental event.

Read an eyewitness' account (from Austin American-Statesman, the local paper)- "Tucker Thurman was driving to work on the U.S. 183 flyover near MoPac Boulevard (Loop 1) when he said he saw a small plane, very low, flying over the highway. He said he saw it then bank heavily to the right before heading into the building."

This is nowhere near any runway of any kind.

"HE might be OK. Well, maybe not."

One report said it was a Cessna 150; that's a lot of damage for a 150. I don't buy it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot081.jpg
    ScreenShot081.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 413

It's being reported that "there are quite a few small airports" in the area.

Regardless...it won't be good!

BS. No airports in that area at all.

I agree, and I'm certainly no expert either, but a Cessna 150 or a Cirrus SR22 would not have done that much damage.

Last edited:

One report said it was a Cessna 150; that's a lot of damage for a 150. I don't buy it.

attachment.php
If it was a Cessna 150 there would be one window broken. They would get some windex out and the clean up would be almost complete. I am not buying the 150 story.

I can think of several scenarios where it would be accidental. Just because the people on the ground didn't hear or see anything to explain the crash, it doesn't mean it was intentional. Eye- and earwitness testimony is patently unreliable, especially in the case of non-pilot witnesses.

From the KVUE report:
"Officials said there were reports an FBI field office was housed in the complex, but it was not hit. They say this appears to be accidental."

you cover a building with glass panels it doesn't take much energy to create a lot of visible damage

The FEDX plane & the Cirrus have been accounted for according to FOX.

"At this time we have no reason to believe there is a nexus to criminal or terrorist activity," said Matt Chandler, spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security. "We are in the process of coordinating with state officials and other federal partners to gather more information and at this time we will defer additional questions to local officials and the FAA."

Holy Bureaucratic Double-Talk, Batman!

I can think of several scenarios where it would be accidental. Just because the people on the ground didn't hear or see anything to explain the crash, it doesn't mean it was intentional. Eye- and earwitness testimony is patently unreliable, especially in the case of non-pilot witnesses.

From the KVUE report:
"Officials said there were reports an FBI field office was housed in the complex, but it was not hit. They say this appears to be accidental."

Traffic aircraft, with sudden mechanical issue. Just one example.

FOX news is reporting the NTSB has determined the pilot set his house on fire, then flew his plane into the IRS office.

I guess this guy didn't like the paying taxes either. Nice.

Last edited:

A whole litany of possibilities, mechanical or medical.

A bad relationship comes to mind.

Without evidence to the contrary the most obvious is usually the most likely. I say accident.

Edit: Apparently I was wrong. Medical/mental

Traffic aircraft, with sudden mechanical issue. Just one example.

Last edited:

Aww crap. The info babe on Fox is trying to make hay out of the fact that no flight plan was on file and that no flight plan was required to be filed.

Well, at least the follow on guy is at least trying to be level headed by making the point that people do this crap all the time with cars.

Hearing the plane was out of Waco.

For a Cherokee 140, it sure seems to have done a good job of setting an entire floor of an office building on fire. This looks way bigger than what resulted from the Cory Lidle crash of a Cirrus in New York.
-harry

Back