Ironclad Strip and Paint Contract?

Why not see of there is a private airstrip not too far away with a hangar. I let a local pilot use in mine and we just rolled my plane out and he sprayed his inside my hangar. Since his RV-8 does not need stripping this should be easy and quick. If he is not a painter then hire a local auto painter to spray after he has masked the plane. Since it is experimental he would not need an airframe mechanic to R and R the control surfaces for balancing.

Off topic a bit, but have you started using any of the water-borne paints vs solvent-based? I was struggling to apply a Stewart fabric system top-coat, which is all water-borne, and went to a local shop for tips where he said newer cars are being sprayed with water-borne and he had just started using it. Definite difference in how you spray the two.
No I haven't had any experience with the waterborne system. But based upon my research it's only the base color coat that's water borne, the clearcoat is the same old urethane clear that's been in use for many years. I understand that it requires better climate control than the solvent based, to make it behave properly as well.

Back