Iphone text messages

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
Suddenly, my iphone stopped getting texts from my wife. (honest, it did it by itself).

I plodded through settings and finally got it to where I get her texts, but it doesn't "ding" like all my other texts do. (Yeah, I know, but I really didn't do this on purpose). In order to see her text I have to bring up MESSAGES and click on her name.

How do I get texts from her to send me an audible alert, or at least a banner so I know she sent me a text. This has caused some real problems when she was standing in the rain waiting for me to respond.

This is almost certainly not your problem, but I thought I'd share as it just happened to me a couple days ago. I pulled out my phone and noticed a bunch of texts and calls from my frantic wife. Had her call me again, and not a peep from my phone. I rebooted the phone, checked everything, still no go.

Then I realized I was testing my PTT button in the plane and had turned on my Bose headset that has bluetooth......

Also possible for this to happen with your car if you happen to be close by.

For that and other reasons, I turn off bluetooth when not in use.
Tap in to your messages with her, then at the top where her picture/icon & name are, tap that, then scroll down to where it says "Hide Alerts" ... I'm guessing that is turned on.
There's also a mute button if you swipe left on the conversation.

Last edited:
Did you "accidentally" add her to the ignore list?

This is almost certainly not your problem, but I thought I'd share as it just happened to me a couple days ago. I pulled out my phone and noticed a bunch of texts and calls from my frantic wife. Had her call me again, and not a peep from my phone. I rebooted the phone, checked everything, still no go.

Then I realized I was testing my PTT button in the plane and had turned on my Bose headset that has bluetooth......

Also possible for this to happen with your car if you happen to be close by.
Basically the same thing happened to me last weekend. I have an old stereo in my garage that bought a bluetooth receiver for $20 on amazon for and listen to my podcasts while I'm out there. I was cleaning and moved the car to get the tractor, mower, atv out. Took me a few minutes to figure out that when I started the car, the phone switched to that bluetooth and that's why everything had stopped playing in the garage.

This is a unrelated problem, but whenever I start up my car with Bluetooth enabled on my phone, it thinks knows I am either heading to the gym, or the pub.

I have an old stereo in my garage that bought a bluetooth receiver for $20 on amazon for and listen to my podcasts while I'm out there. I was cleaning and moved the car to get the tractor, mower, atv out. Took me a few minutes to figure out that when I started the car, the phone switched to that bluetooth and that's why everything had stopped playing in the garage.
I recently put a pair of surplus bookshelf speakers on garage duty with one of those little bluetooth amps. Ironically, I've been just plugging a radio into the line input... :idea:

You can set a ringtone for the individual person in your phone book.

Back