Iphone messaging

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
Occasionally when my wife sends a text to certain people from her old Iphone (6s) I get it on my Iphone XSmax. It appears to be from the original recipient.
I checked settings for messages on both of our phones and neither one mentions the other. I checked to make sure she didn't accidentally include me in the text. She didn't.

I can't figure out why her texts to only a few of her friends come to my phone. :dunno:

Are you sharing the same icloud account? If so, check which account your iphone is attached to in Messages setting. Check both phones to make sure each other's accounts or phone number is listed as an account that can be sent from.

Did you put tracking spyware on her phone? :fingerwag:

Are you sharing the same icloud account? If so, check which account your iphone is attached to in Messages setting. Check both phones to make sure each other's accounts or phone number is listed as an account that can be sent from.
Under "you can receive imessages to and reply from" both of our numbers are checked.
Under "Start New Conversations from" only my number is checked.

Under "you can receive imessages to and reply from" both of our numbers are checked.
That would be it.

This seems to occasionally reset itself on OS upgrades.

Uncheck the one you don't want to receive from on each respective phone and you're good to go.

Back