iPad mini 6 - any case or bumpers that will fit in the Ram EZroller?

Adventure

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Adventure
Hi team. I’m wondering if anyone has crafted a clever work-around or found a case that works for this. Would be great to fit the iPad into the ezroller while still having some protection when it’s not.

Hi team. I’m wondering if anyone has crafted a clever work-around or found a case that works for this. Would be great to fit the iPad into the ezroller while still having some protection when it’s not.
No idea,

FWIW I buy an Otterbox Defender case, and screw the lid of the case to a 1" Ram Ball mount and use this as the holder.

No idea,

FWIW I buy an Otterbox Defender case, and screw the lid of the case to a 1" Ram Ball mount and use this as the holder.
Interesting concept. It would look stupid, but do they make a belt clip for it like they do for the iPhone defenders?

No idea,

And THIS, this is why I asked. Sounds genius.

No idea,

Same here.... I bought a 4 hole mounting plate on a ball and screwed it to the Otter case cover using countersunk bevel head screws. The ball mounts to an articulating arm on the control wheel shaft.

Works great

Attachments

• IMG_4442.jpg
    IMG_4442.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4441.jpg
    IMG_4441.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 20
What a great idea, I am holding a defender case now. It is just about bulletproof.

I don’t like the limited color selection of Otterbox Defender cases but at least the default black looks fine. I’d rather have Hunter orange so I can find things in the dark easier.

Velcro works great on a Cessna yoke. I made a wedge to tilt my screen. I don’t do the yoke mount anymore, though. On the panel it stays plugged in and out of the way.

My Minis are held by velcro in both planes.

I went a different route and got a neoprene case from Amazon Basics for about ten dollars. iPad is always in the case outside the plane. I use a Ram mount on the yoke. Case goes in the back seat. Garmin SD cards are in the case and keys clip to the zipper pull. Don’t need a flight bag.

Nothing works in a EZ Roller except the naked specific generation iPad it was made for. I had one 12 years ago and never bought another. If you want a cradle that can work with differences, RAM X-Grip and Tab-Tite, and the Arkon Robust cradle are the best Ive seen.

For protection, I've always gotten something for less than $20 or so on Amazon. My current one:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HQ489PB

I don’t like the limited color selection of Otterbox Defender cases but at least the default black looks fine. I’d rather have Hunter orange so I can find things in the dark easier.
So you think pink would not work? I bought this one for my wife years ago and she quickly moved on to different size I pad. So I use this one around the house for my spare mini. This case is very durable, I like it and could see using it in my plane like described above.
I have been using a Ram mount and leather case I take off when I snap it into the ram mount. But the ram clip has broke once and I replaced it. It is really easy to install and remove the ipad making it quick and easy. Unlike the X grip which is a major PIA to install and remove the i pad because you have to use 2 hands to squeeze the X grip. Hate it.
Next time my clip cracks on the ram mount I am going try the defender case screwed to thye same ball I have now on the ram suction cup mount. Then the ipad will always be in a protective case.
072.JPG

This is a defender case, right?
075.JPG

The only option for Defender Series in iPad mini 6 is...black. At least on their website.

That's one way to tie a ball to it:

1694531322525.png1694531347111.png

I took the same approach as @bnt83 except I chamfered the holes on the inside of the case and used flat head screws that mounted flush with the case and put lock nuts on the ball mount. I'll snap a photo when I get back to the hangar and post it.

I’m happy using just my iPhone now, but when I did use an iPad Mini I just attached a RAM ball to the back of a Otterbox case with some SuperLok Velcro. Hell for strong and never let go in flight.

11310034163_d228c11eac_z.jpg

Back