Ipad in the cockpit

Love monoprice. HDMI cables at correct prices too.

I attempted to put one of those films on the iPad 3 yesterday and it was nothing but tiny bubbles.

What's the trick?

An earlier film on an iPhone 3 was aided by very light silicone under the film but it was going inside a case that would hold it in place.

I didn't want to make the iPad film any less sticky or it'd be peeling up all the time.

Turn off the iPad and let it and the film cool to the same temp... Warm iPad generates hot air bubbles! Then take it into a bathroom after running a hot shower for a few minutes. The moist air keeps dust down... This, from Monoprice's iPad film application tips video.

Turn off the iPad and let it and the film cool to the same temp... Warm iPad generates hot air bubbles! Then take it into a bathroom after running a hot shower for a few minutes. The moist air keeps dust down... This, from Monoprice's iPad film application tips video.

Run the iPad under a hot shower for a few minutes? wtf?

Run the iPad under a hot shower for a few minutes? wtf?

No, no, no...
Run a hot shower to get the room humid. THEN bring in the iPad and film and apply the latter to the former. A towel on the counter makes a good work surface.

See http://www.wikihow.com/Apply-a-Screen-Protector

Love monoprice. HDMI cables at correct prices too.

I attempted to put one of those films on the iPad 3 yesterday and it was nothing but tiny bubbles.

What's the trick?

An earlier film on an iPhone 3 was aided by very light silicone under the film but it was going inside a case that would hold it in place.

I didn't want to make the iPad film any less sticky or it'd be peeling up all the time.

The trick is the same as with any decal, clean then spray the surface with a mist of liquid, deionized purified water is best (Windex usually works, but make sure it doesn't react with that film), lay the film down and slide it around into position. Then push down in the middle an work outward using some type of plastic or rubber squeegee. A nice semi firm rubber is best, however I've used guitar picks to good effect as well as mixing bowl scrapers for baking. You'll end up with a perfect job if you didn't get any dust on the film.

Last edited:
Back