iOS5 WARNING!

So Nate does this mean you upgraded to Lion as well?
I was not expecting to have to but it said I had to switch to iCloud. MacBook seems a bit slower now.

Been on Lion for a while.

Mrs. is still on Snow Leopard, still deciding if we're truly ditching Quicken after more than a decade.

Intuit sucks.

Haven't really noticed slowdowns other than when the massive all-encompassing indexing of the search engine kicks off.

But I love it when I'm looking for something.

I did not activate iCloud, and my MobileMe app remains functional. One could remotely locate and wipe an Iphone with MobileMe prior to the whole iCloud thing.

iPad 1 just bricked! YAYYYYYYYYY!!

:mad2:

"Itunes has found an iPad in recovery mode. You must restore it."

The Morons at Apple strike again!

WHY??????????????????????

"Restoring iPad from backup......" ipad says " Restore in progress"

David

"Restoring Apps..." from iTunes seems to be actually doing something this time. Did nothing on my iPhone. Foreflight is gone as I have read on the red board so all data will have to be re-downloaded again.

Seems like it worked better this time for the upgrade, iPad is working again.

David

"Restoring Apps..." from iTunes seems to be actually doing something this time. Did nothing on my iPhone. Foreflight is gone as I have read on the red board so all data will have to be re-downloaded again.

Seems like it worked better this time for the upgrade, iPad is working again.

David

Yeah, Ive never had luck with Foreflight keeping its data. Any OS or software upgrade and it looses the data.

Yeah, Ive never had luck with Foreflight keeping its data. Any OS or software upgrade and it looses the data.

Foreflight says it is a change to iOS 5. It deletes data when it needs to to free up space.

Redownloaded the data. all is good again.

David

I'm letting my iPad resync all of my audio files over lunchtime today. It refused to play anything after the upgrade. iPhone was fine.

Foreflight data was due for some cleanup anyway so without even checking I just dumped all of it and re-downloaded after reading this thread.

Brother in law is ticked that Apple removed all multi-touch gestures from iPad 1 on iOS 5. I guess he used them and Apple unilaterally disabled them on original iPads. :dunno:

I never used 'em so I don't care, but another warning for this group. If you like multi-touch in the OS, you're screwed if you have an iPad 1.

Doing the download on 10/6, the phone bricked. Spent over 2 hours with Apu at tech support for $30 to get it working again. Lost all kinds of data. If Jobs wasn't dead I'd kick him in the nut sack.

I upgraded my verizon Iphone to OS 5 on Sunday. I'm also using windows 7. It got hung up on the restore. I eventually got it all working and I'm now using Icloud. The apps and music are intact. Some apps lost data some didn't. The big problem is all of my photos are gone. I forgot that the photos with Windows 7, for me anyway, never really backed up on my computer. Oops.

I updated my iPhone to iOS 5 and activated iCloud on my computers. Everything seems to be working OK so far. The calendar sync made some duplicates but nothing major. I like the way it syncs contacts and calendar on all computers and iPhone. I'm curious about what the new email address is for, the me.com one. I see that it syncs too.

They basically migrated you to MobileMe for free, and renamed it iCloud.

The calendar and other syncing was why most folks paid for MobileMe. The "me.com" address was just a bonus.

I haven't tried it yet or looked at the MX records, but I bet [username]@icloud.com works too.

And if you go to iCloud.com with a browser you'll see you can read/reply to mail there and do all the MobileMe stuff they didn't deprecate. (iDisk will eventually die, as will web hosting via iWeb).

And if you go to iCloud.com with a browser you'll see you can read/reply to mail there and do all the MobileMe stuff they didn't deprecate. (iDisk will eventually die, as will web hosting via iWeb).
I never had a MobileMe account before. When I go to the iCloud site I see links to Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Find My iPhone, and iWork. The only iWork application I have is Pages (on the Mac, not the iPhone) but I don't see any of the files there. When I open Pages nothing seems to be in the Preferences section to indicate that you can sync with iCloud.

Go to Settings->iCloud. That's where you set that preference. :)
Hmmm... I did that and checked "Documents and Data" but I still don't see anything. I get the feeling that you need to have the iPhone or iPad version of Pages for it to work.

That's pretty ugly. So if the iPad needs some space, your approach plates my disappear en route to your destination? Not nice!

Yep, another reason I didn't do the iCloud thing and another reason I won't buy another Apple product.

Hmmm... I did that and checked "Documents and Data" but I still don't see anything. I get the feeling that you need to have the iPhone or iPad version of Pages for it to work.

Oh probably. To just move/view files I just use Dropbox.

Over the last two days I got iOS5 on my iPad2 and iPhone4, "upgraded" (Apple's word) from Mobile Me to iCloud and had no troubles at all.

Henning, I'll bet the future proves you're wrong about never buying another Apple product. Never is a long time.

My son just got his iPhone4S. The voice recognition stuff is amazing.

Also be careful if you have iOS 4.1 or 4.2 running on an iPad and try to update your Foreflight to v4.2, which was just released yesteday: it WILL crash Foreflight. (don't ask me how I know) The Foreflight tech team and I have become friends (sic) since yesterday and the last email I got was that yup, there's a problem with FF v4.2 and iOS 4.1 and 4.2, but a workaround and fix is on the way. Maybe sometime this weekend or early next week. Oh, FF said I could upgrade the iPad to 3.0 or 5.0, but nope, I'm done with screwing around with the thing, ( I already wiped out and rebooted the iOS and other unsuccessful suggestions from the FF tech team to no avail) and am gonna leave the iOS 4.2 right where it is and wait for the FF fix. Sheesh

Someone on Twitter said 4.2.1 is already out to fix it. Haven't checked which one I got.

I had three in-flight crashes today usually when zooming/panning on an iPad 1 running iOS 5 with the new software. Be cautious y'all.

Back