Screwed my Wing X pro version 8.0.0???? up. :mad:

It still works, but some of the best features aren't

I have very few apps or garbage on this old iPad 2. :mad:

:mad::mad2::mad:

Screwed my Wing X pro version 8.0.0???? up. :mad:

It still works, but some of the best features aren't

I have very few apps or garbage on this old iPad 2. :mad:

:mad::mad2::mad:

What are you seeing? I've got WinX Pro and iOS latest on my iPad 2 and an iPad mini both having no issues I've noticed.

I did. Garmin Pilot crashed a few times trying to get airspace info, not sure if it's related. Never had that problem before...

What are you seeing? I've got WinX Pro and iOS latest on my iPad 2 and an iPad mini both having no issues I've noticed.

Just what I've noticed so far:

#1 On the Wx Text page, after it downloads, the red header bar never goes green or shows the weather being any fresher than 180 minutes old, even tho it is obviously getting more current weather reports (day Zulu time verified)

#2 On the moving map page, the "Flight Rules" (IFR, VFR, MVFR) boxes don't show up anymore.

#3 On the moving map, the weather by Baron add on stuff doesn't do anything

All databases are current. When clicking "system status?" and it checks communications between all the service providers everything shows good. I tried an iPad "reset' and Wing X would only load up to the main menu then crash. I uninstalled wing X and started over but all the problems listed above still exists after that.

Last edited:
Just what I've noticed so far:

#1 On the Wx Text page, after it downloads, the red header bar never goes green or shows the weather being any fresher than 180 minutes old, even tho it is obviously getting more current weather reports (day Zulu time verified)

Seems to work fine on mine.

#2 On the moving map page, the "Flight Rules" (IFR, VFR, MVFR) boxes don't show up anymore.

This is working too.
#3 On the moving map, the weather by Baron add on stuff doesn't do anything

I don't have this add-on.

All databases are current. When clicking "system status?" and it checks communications between all the service providers everything shows good. I tried an iPad "reset' and Wing X would only load up to the main menu then crash. I uninstalled wing X and started over but all the problems listed above still exists after that.

iOS version: 7.1.2
WingX Pro7 version 8.0.0.10

John

Seems to work fine on mine.

This is working too.

I don't have this add-on.

iOS version: 7.1.2
WingX Pro7 version 8.0.0.10

John

Add-on isn't the correct term, I don't know where it came from but it's on the moving map page, and came in the update when I did it two days ago. Not sure why I would have it and you don't if we are on the same version :confused:

Everything worked on Wing X (latest version) till the apple 7.1.2 was added.

Add-on isn't the correct term, I don't know where it came from but it's on the moving map page, and came in the update when I did it two days ago. Not sure why I would have it and you don't if we are on the same version :confused:

Everything worked on Wing X (latest version) till the apple 7.1.2 was added.

Oh! The weather overlays! I never noticed the "by Baron" in the logo.

Yeah, that works on mine as well. As least the animated radar one does.

I don't know what issue you're having.

I do have a 32GB iPad 2 that I'm running these on as my desk. It's no longer my "in airplane" iPad as I got an iPad mini with cellular for Christmas. Since that one has the GPS built in, I use it in the airplane.

John

Karen and I have suddenly started having problems with charging devices that worked fine before.

Now both iPhones and iPads sometimes say "Charging Device Not Supported" or just cycling between charge/no charge.

Don't know if its update related or not.

:happydance:

FIXED!!!!!!!!

I just started using the "Reset" functions under my iPad's General Settings menu. First I tried resetting network settings, then subscriber services. Only after hitting "RESET ALL SETTINGS" did WingX 7 Pro version 8.0.0.10 kick back in!

:cheers:

Back