Invalid Diagnosis on Medical Records

A

AnnoyedAirman

I’m currently applying for my yearly Class 1 renewal and my AME requested a Progress Note from my PCP to cover some bases on a gastro issue.

When I received the notes from my PCP I noticed in the diagnosis section it lists Anxiety Disorder. Let’s just say I was quite surprised because I was never told anything about this and it was buried way down in my file. I’ve never seen, told or received anything for Anxiety.

Now I’m worried because I’ve never reported Anxiety on any Medical Application because I never knew I “apparently” have it. My PCP said he can’t remove historical diagnosis from my medical file.

So what do I need to do to get this corrected before the FAA denies me for a condition I don’t even have or even knew about?

Did your pcp put it in?? What were the circumstances or visit surrounding the use of the code. Hard to have it accidentally put in.
We do have codes that get inadvertently added to a chart but it is ‘relatively’ east to remove the code or resolve the code from someone’s EMR.

Did your pcp put it in?? What were the circumstances or visit surrounding the use of the code. Hard to have it accidentally put in.
We do have codes that get inadvertently added to a chart but it is ‘relatively’ east to remove the code or resolve the code from someone’s EMR.

I have no idea. It’s not on any visit summary since I started visiting this clinic 8 years ago. Never spoke about anything remotely close.

Only major thing that’s happened is I started have stomach issues some years ago which we thought was a mix of GERD and sleep schedule issues from my airline schedule.

It ended up being a bad gallbladder which was successfully removed via surgery. That’s whys the AME requested this years notes from the PCP to make sure I was 100% recovered.

Is it an Electronic medical record that shares providers from multiple specialities?? Like EPIC?? The dx
Should be able to be tracked. Your pcp should be able at least to track when added- if they are EMR savy.

Is it an Electronic medical record that shares providers from multiple specialities?? Like EPIC?? The dx
Should be able to be tracked. Your pcp should be able at least to track when added- if they are EMR savy.

It’s a closed system on a old MyOneCare database. They’re moving to EPIC but that’s still several years away.

Has that record gone to the FAA already?
If so you need a board certified Psychiatrist’s take on the matter. Nothing short of that is gonna do.

and if you work for revenue it will soon appear inexpensive……

If I were a revenue pilot I would audio record every encounter with any healthcare provider.

We were never able to remove “paralyzed arm” from my mother’s record despite her PCP promising to do so. She never has and doesn’t now have any paralyzed limbs. The office “didn’t know how that got in there”. Now he’s retired and the practice is closed.

Then there was the time I got a single stellate ganglion injection (from the front near the neck) and the doctor recorded and billed my insurance company for multiple injections all up and down my back. He did this on multiple occasions each time I went in for the single shot. He was only caught when I noticed how much money my insurance company was shelling out and asked for the itemized list from the practice. This was deliberate fraud and he was fired. They corrected it with my insurance company but covered it up and he was hired by another practice. His medical license should have been revoked and criminal charges brought but to my knowledge that never happened.

So yes, I am not being hyperbolic. I would record every visit if I were a revenue pilot or otherwise really cared about any class certification.

I have no idea. It’s not on any visit summary since I started visiting this clinic 8 years ago. Never spoke about anything remotely close.

Only major thing that’s happened is I started have stomach issues some years ago which we thought was a mix of GERD and sleep schedule issues from my airline schedule.

It ended up being a bad gallbladder which was successfully removed via surgery. That’s whys the AME requested this years notes from the PCP to make sure I was 100% recovered.
The AME requested "this year's notes," so give him this year's notes. He didn't ask for ancient records, so don't give him ancient records. Even better, get your PCP to write a letter with just your current status for this condition.

I would not report such to the FAA unless there was compelling evidence.

And the eventually the agency finds the code and you get the Transp. IG. Letter. No Bueno. Get it disabused by a higher authority, then let the PCP who might be “UPCODING” know that you are "on to him". He should have referred you, anyway.....

Last edited:
I’m currently applying for my yearly Class 1 renewal and my AME requested a Progress Note from my PCP to cover some bases on a gastro issue.

When I received the notes from my PCP I noticed in the diagnosis section it lists Anxiety Disorder. Let’s just say I was quite surprised because I was never told anything about this and it was buried way down in my file. I’ve never seen, told or received anything for Anxiety.

Now I’m worried because I’ve never reported Anxiety on any Medical Application because I never knew I “apparently” have it. My PCP said he can’t remove historical diagnosis from my medical file.

So what do I need to do to get this corrected before the FAA denies me for a condition I don’t even have or even knew about?

I would take an anxiety test to attach with your information when you go to take the test, or you'll be waiting to take additional tests which may take forever and cost more $$$ than if you just got one yourself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back