Introduction: New pilot/C-150 owner

N9406U

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
CL
Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm 20 years old, live in MI and I've had a 1976 Cessna 150M for a little over a year now. I got my private a couple weeks ago. Here are some pictures of the plane ;)

Last edited:
That might be the prettiest C150 I've ever seen. Congrats on your ticket. Enjoy it in that great little airplane!

Chris, ( do you go by Chris?) first welcome to POA. Please post and contribute and ignore the knuckleheads that frequent every Web Board.

Second, Congrats on the ticket and third, may I say that is one of the nicest looking C-150s I have EVER seen. Show us some shots of the panel. We have a few great POA people in Michigan where are you located in the state?

I'm slobbering over the plane.

Thanks!!! Yes, Chris is fine. I fly out of C20 in SW MI.

I just edited the first post and added a photo of the panel.

BTW, much thanks to my Grandpa and Dad for helping me out. My dad was my (excellent) CFI and my Grandpa was gracious enough to provide me with the money for the airplane purchase with the understanding that when I get all my ratings we will sell it.

That IS the nicest looking 150 I've ever seen!

Oh, and welcome aboard.

Wow, equally nice inside. Chris I'm gonna give a plug for a great POA Michigan Flyin event. 6Y9 Labor day week end fly In. Great people and more time than a pilot should be allowed to have.

http://6y9.sidnaw.org/

Thanks for the tip! Looks like fun, I'll be down at school in Carbondale, IL by then, so it would be hard to get away, but I might try to do it one of these years.

Welcome!

That is a very nice looking 150!

I have the same car. Not a fan of the yellow, though.

I'm looking to buy a 150. How is the maintenance? Well, I should ask first, do you even pay for anything yourself?

Nice 150 :yesnod: I will refrain from post pic's of mine till I get her painted.

Welcome Chris

Nice looking 150 BTW, heck looks better then AOPA's revamped one :yes:

Welcome to the madhouse! Congrats on getting your PPL and you have an absolutely beautiful 150!:yes: Cessna never sold one that looked that good! Enjoy it and good luck on your additional ratings!! :D

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm 20 years old, live in MI and I've had a 1976 Cessna 150M for a little over a year now. I got my private a couple weeks ago. Here are some pictures of the plane ;)

best. looking. 150. ever.

Hi everyone,

Welcome to POA. Beautiful plane, wow.

If the FAA Administrator wows us with a much anticipated announcement at AirVenture:)fcross:), the value of that plane is going to increase considerably.

Nice 150 Chris. Have fun pursuing your ratings.

Absolutely beautiful airplane. Find a way not to sell it after your ratings! :D

Seems like a few here are familiar with the 150's.

I have a model J (1969) and I have a general question...

I am still a student but ...anyday!
I log into the Lockheed Martin site and they want to build a profile of my plane for future planning.

One of the questions is about "fuel climb performance".

First it won't let me put in 22.5 gallons as my fuel capacity. Seems to want no decimal.

Second, they want the startup/taxi fuel burn. But my POH seems to combine the SU/Taxi into a chart of "Maximum Rate of Climb Data", and is not distinguishable.

Third, they want Fuel burn Rate in gals/hr in Climb and Descent.

I first took a shot at it but the chart has me scratching my head. Also, I hear all the time to use a FBR of 6gph. But that number in the Cruise Performance Chart, is for 5000' @ 2700 RPM. I am typically at 2450 RPM, which should be more like 4.5gph.

I decided to use a TAS MPH speed for cruise of 107. Converted to knots I am at 93.

So, I am wondering if others have some answers for me on this. I am trying to attach this chart so you all can tell me HOW to read it!

Thanx for a great place to learn!

zeddock
view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2MFETPitIUicjFYUDh6T2lidkk/view?usp=sharing

Welcome Zeddock. I have some calculations around here somewhere. If I can locate them, I will type them out and post. Our C-150 has similar charts. I have calculated a 200 (+/-) nm trip, then compared that to how much fuel I actually pumped back into the tanks. Surprisingly close!

Seems like a few here are familiar with the 150's.

I have a model J (1969) and I have a general question...

I am still a student but ...anyday!
I log into the Lockheed Martin site and they want to build a profile of my plane for future planning.

One of the questions is about "fuel climb performance".

First it won't let me put in 22.5 gallons as my fuel capacity. Seems to want no decimal.

Second, they want the startup/taxi fuel burn. But my POH seems to combine the SU/Taxi into a chart of "Maximum Rate of Climb Data", and is not distinguishable.

Third, they want Fuel burn Rate in gals/hr in Climb and Descent.

I first took a shot at it but the chart has me scratching my head. Also, I hear all the time to use a FBR of 6gph. But that number in the Cruise Performance Chart, is for 5000' @ 2700 RPM. I am typically at 2450 RPM, which should be more like 4.5gph.

I decided to use a TAS MPH speed for cruise of 107. Converted to knots I am at 93.

So, I am wondering if others have some answers for me on this. I am trying to attach this chart so you all can tell me HOW to read it!

Thanx for a great place to learn!

zeddock
view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2MFETPitIUicjFYUDh6T2lidkk/view?usp=sharing

You're working too hard. Use 22 gal for fuel, 6 gal for climb. As a rule, you're full throttle during climb. This allows you a bit of a margin of error. This aint rocket science!

You're working too hard. Use 22 gal for fuel, 6 gal for climb. As a rule, you're full throttle during climb. This allows you a bit of a margin of error. This aint rocket science!

:yeahthat:

Conservative always works well in aviation (and elsewhere!) 22 gal and 6 GPH block to block will pretty much guarantee you won't be running out of fuel somewhere unless you leave a gas cap off or spring a leak.

Back