Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job Jesse.

Dunno about the Danger Zone tho....Did you do a high speed flyby of the tower? :D :D

SkyHog said:
Good job Jesse.

Dunno about the Danger Zone tho....Did you do a high speed flyby of the tower? :D :D

Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full. :D

Most excellent, Jess.

It's funny, I still get a sorta thrill from the "sideways-look, leaving the ground" view, but never really see that since I am usually PIC (last time: back of Greg's 195, and THAT was certainly a kick).

And I like the "Danger Zone" music; over the top, and kinda funny in a screamin' 172.

--
Edit:

And notice, front seat with Jesse: hot chica; back seat, "boyfriend," whose indequacies, including inability to pilot an airplane, are agonzingly apparent to chica caliente.

Nice. Looks like you landed a little left of centerline. Sorry, but you didn't think this crowd would neglect to grade landings when given a chance, did you.? :D

Ghery said:
Nice. Looks like you landed a little left of centerline. Sorry, but you didn't think this crowd would neglect to grade landings when given a chance, did you.? :D

Actually I expected that. I landed on the centerline and started to break and turn left to make a taxiway as there was landing traffic on short final.

I was getting checked out in a late model 172 with a CFI once. When we touched down I proceeded to roll out to the left side to make the turnoff at the crossing rwy (1st exit from the threshold) and the CFI made a snide comment about "I guess the centerline is for professionals" so I put it back on the centerline and rolled to the end, while the two Barons and the 210 freight haulers waited at the hold line. CFI=Clueless Flight Interruption

jangell said:
Actually I expected that. I landed on the centerline and started to break and turn left to make a taxiway as there was landing traffic on short final.

I always wanted to fly an airplane with 'niner' as the tail number. When I went to call up ground and looked on the panel for the tail number to see "99604" my dream came true... Niner Niner!

says was destroyed, i have a feeling your plane got reregistered afterwards.

tonycondon said:
says was destroyed, i have a feeling your plane got reregistered afterwards.

Probably. Seems to fly straight. So it's either a different plane or some mechanic was able to bend it back in the right shape.

jangell said:
I always wanted to fly an airplane with 'niner' as the tail number. When I went to call up ground and looked on the panel for the tail number to see "99604" my dream came true... Niner Niner!
I was flying to Burlington, WI the other week and talking to Cedar Rapids approach. I'm flying N9896C and it just so happens that the altimeter is 29.99. "Two niner niner niner, skylane niner six charlie" Thats a lot of niner-ing.:eek:

bkreager said:
I was flying to Burlington, WI the other week and talking to Cedar Rapids approach. I'm flying N9896C and it just so happens that the altimeter is 29.99. "Two niner niner niner, skylane niner six charlie" Thats a lot of niner-ing.:eek:

Heh...you said niner.

bkreager said:

Tommy: I left a message.
Richard Hayden: Really, what number did you call?
Tommy: Two, four, niner, five, six, seven...
Richard Hayden: I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?
Tommy: It was a cordless.

-"Tommy Boy"

N99999 is an Ercoupe from Maine. I really didn't think it would exist when I searched for it, but apparently someone really likes to niner.

Ya'd think the Niners are fun, but only two months into my ownership of N9794J, at my home airport with 27/9, and I can tell you that it all don't roll off the tongue when you are in the pattern to land with easterly winds....

Heheh, for the last few winters I have been brewing my special strong scottish ale. The first time I brewed the stuff it came out to be 9.9% abv, and has henceforth been knows as Peter's Niner Niner....

Pete

Good one young fellow. No criticisms from me.

Cool.
How long does it take you from filming to linkup on the web?
Same question for you to make that recent AV related website you ran?

Dave Krall CFII said:
Cool.
How long does it take you from filming to linkup on the web?
I can take the vidoe off the camera and have it on the web within ten minutes or so. Maybe 20 minutes if I edit it and add some music.
Dave Krall CFII said:
Same question for you to make that recent AV related website you ran?
I built MartinAviationSucks in maybe four hours including my spoof video.

Speaking of N99604...

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief2.asp?...A036A &akey=1

Is this the same airplane I am flying now? This incident happend in 1998. The certificate issue date for N99604 is 07/09/1991 .
Jesse Angell

jangell said:
Probably. Seems to fly straight. So it's either a different plane or some mechanic was able to bend it back in the right shape.

Yes, this is the same plane as the one that impacted the ground and was totally destroyed after colliding with another plane. They simply removed the pilot's body, gathered all the tiny pieces of the plane and glued them back together. Or, the airplane registration was re-issued. Which do you think was more likely to occur?
Any good mechanic can fix this plane right!!!

lg
lg
lg
9497403_320X240.jpg
9497398_320X240.jpg

Last edited:
flyifrvfr said:
In what way is it interesting? I just pointed out a ridiculous question.
Actually. Perhaps if you would have read my original post and read the NTSB report instead of just "pulling a Victor". You would notice something that I just noticed.

N99604 is the airplane I flew. Every instance in that report refers to it as N99064 except for the last three which say N99604. Which leads me to beleive that the airplane involved was N99064 and the NTSB simply made a few typos in the document.

You'd be surprised what motivated people can do as far as airplane repair. I beleive that you could simply build up another airplane if you had at least something salvageable from it along with the dataplate. I could be wrong though, because I am not an all knowing master like you. I'm not sure why you would want to do this with a 172 either..But you could.

Take the 1923 FOKKER C IV A that Owls Head Transportation Museum just restored (http://www.ohtm.org/edu_col.html). As the story goes, what they got of the plane was a small part of the fuselage. Now, it's perfect and a thing of beauty.
No telling what money and the will to use it will bring.
(If I can find them, I have some pix of that FOKKER during the restoration.)
Note the sandwich board in two of the pix. That shows all that was recovered and what they had to work with. The first 7 were from the workshop during resto, the last 7 are from the floor display about 2 years later.

Attachments

• Fokker 439 1.JPG
    Fokker 439 1.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 12
  • Fokker 439 2.jpg
    Fokker 439 2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Fokker 439 3.jpg
    Fokker 439 3.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Fokker 439 4.jpg
    Fokker 439 4.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Fokker 439 5.jpg
    Fokker 439 5.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Fokker 439 6.jpg
    Fokker 439 6.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Fokker 439 7.jpg
    Fokker 439 7.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Fokker 439 8.jpg
    Fokker 439 8.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Fokker 439 9.jpg
    Fokker 439 9.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Fokker 439 10.jpg
    Fokker 439 10.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Fokker 439 11.jpg
    Fokker 439 11.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Fokker 439 12.jpg
    Fokker 439 12.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Fokker 439 13.jpg
    Fokker 439 13.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Fokker 439 14.jpg
    Fokker 439 14.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
jangell said:
Actually. Perhaps if you would have read my original post and read the NTSB report instead of just "pulling a Victor". You would notice something that I just noticed.

N99604 is the airplane I flew. Every instance in that report refers to it as N99064 except for the last three which say N99604. Which leads me to beleive that the airplane involved was N99064 and the NTSB simply made a few typos in the document.

You'd be surprised what motivated people can do as far as airplane repair. I beleive that you could simply build up another airplane if you had at least something salvageable from it along with the dataplate. I could be wrong though, because I am not an all knowing master like you. I'm not sure why you would want to do this with a 172 either..But you could.

The only thing I needed to know about the report was the type of accident the aircraft was involved in. You were the one who speculated that the airplane you flew was the same airplane that was totalled in a mid-air collision, I didn't. I merely used sarcasim to point out there is virtually no chance of the those being the same aircraft. It's too bad you don't heed your own advice and read the posts, instead of "pulling a Jesse."

OK, both of you, stop it.

There were posts removed from this thread for discussion by the entire management council because complaints were received. Based on the discussion by management, we will notify posters (as appropriate) if the posts are, in fact, a problem.

I will tell you that it is my belief that both of you are turning this discussion into a personal (fill in the euphonism here) match, and that it's rapidly headed in the direction of lockdown.

There is some valuable information in this thread, let's not spoil the good aviation part of the discussion by making this a personal discussion.

Thanks.

flyifrvfr said:
Yes, this is the same plane as the one that impacted the ground and was totally destroyed after colliding with another plane. They simply removed the pilot's body, gathered all the tiny pieces of the plane and glued them back together. Or, the airplane registration was re-issued. Which do you think was more likely to occur?

So that must be one o' them low-wing Cessnas I keep hearing about in the news... :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it is not exactly unheard of to rebuild a plane that the NTSB lists as "destroyed". I began to investigate a bit further, thinking it would be awfully odd for a plane with a certificate issue date of 1991 to have been destroyed in 1998 and had the registration issued to another plane, identical make and model (172P even), and somehow be re-registered without the date being updated.

However, this time, it's a case of mass dyslexia.

Jesse flew N99604, which is registered to Flying Scotchman Inc. at Crystal Airport, and has been registered to them since 1991.

The accident airplane was N99064, which is listed as deregistered (destroyed) to a Mr. William J Peterson in Scottsdale, AZ which was also the site of the accident.

Mystery solved. :goofy:

flyingcheesehead said:
So that must be one o' them low-wing Cessnas I keep hearing about in the news... :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it is not exactly unheard of to rebuild a plane that the NTSB lists as "destroyed". I began to investigate a bit further, thinking it would be awfully odd for a plane with a certificate issue date of 1991 to have been destroyed in 1998 and had the registration issued to another plane, identical make and model (172P even), and somehow be re-registered without the date being updated.

However, this time, it's a case of mass dyslexia.

Jesse flew N99604, which is registered to Flying Scotchman Inc. at Crystal Airport, and has been registered to them since 1991.

The accident airplane was N99064, which is listed as deregistered (destroyed) to a Mr. William J Peterson in Scottsdale, AZ which was also the site of the accident.

Mystery solved. :goofy:
\
Originally Posted by flyifrvfr

There is no mystery. This is the original statement which contains sarcasm. At no time in this statement did I say an airplane that is deemed destroyed can not be repaired. However, it is highly unlikey that this was the same plane because the wreckage from a mid-air collision is usually quite devastating and not worth the expense to rebuild/salvage. I posted pictures of an example of an airplane whose destruction was beyond repair.

flyifrvfr said:
There is no mystery. This is the original statement which contains sarcasm. At no time in this statement did I say an airplane that is deemed destroyed can not be repaired. However, it is highly unlikey that this was the same plane because the wreckage from a mid-air collision is usually quite devastating and not worth the expense to rebuild/salvage. I posted pictures of an example of an airplane whose destruction was beyond repair.

The mystery to me is how you missed the entire point of my post: It's not "highly unlikely that this was the same plane," it's flat out NOT the same plane. Two different N numbers. Two different planes entirely. :rolleyes:

flyingcheesehead said:
The mystery to me is how you missed the entire point of my post: It's not "highly unlikely that this was the same plane," it's flat out NOT the same plane. Two different N numbers. Two different planes entirely. :rolleyes:

sar·casm ([FONT=verdana, sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (sär
prime.gif
k
abreve.gif
z
lprime.gif
schwa.gif
m)
n.
  1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
  2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
  3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit[SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE].

Last edited:
flyifrvfr said:
sar·casm ([FONT=verdana, sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (sär
prime.gif
k
abreve.gif
z
lprime.gif
schwa.gif
m)
n.
  1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
  2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
  3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit[SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE]
POA Rules of Conduct said:
  • Personal attacks are prohibited. This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.
  • Trolling is prohibited. Whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board, it is considered "trolling." The public posting of reputation comments received, which are considered by PoA to be personal and confidential, is considered ipso facto trolling. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run; it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked)

and finally..

top·ic ([FONT=verdana,sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (t
obreve.gif
p
prime.gif
ibreve.gif
k)
n.
  1. The subject of a speech, essay, thesis, or discourse.
  2. A subject of discussion or conversation.

Last edited:
And with that, I'm closing the thread. Enough of the sniping and attacks at each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back