Internet slow?

paflyer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
PAFlyer
Maybe it's just me...

Last couple of days it seems that pages are slow to load. I've noticed this on home network, work network, and mobile all with different devices.

Maybe it's just me...

Last couple of days it seems that pages are slow to load. I've noticed this on home network, work network, and mobile all with different devices.
Could be anything. Busy because of hurricanes. Could be about the FCC stuff that's about should the G'vmnt be regulating the internet or should Verizon, AT&T and all those guys being able to throttle back bandwidth to users who ain't looking at the stuff they would prefer you be lookin at.

Actually, I think it's the freaking ad servers.

Install Adblock Plus or something similar.

It's astonishing how many ads you get. In the last 6 months alone, mine blocked 167000 ads. And my settings are as permissive as it gets - I'm sure it can block 3 times that amount (but some sites will stop working if you turn the crank up too high).

Install Adblock Plus or something similar.

It's astonishing how many ads you get. In the last 6 months alone, mine blocked 167000 ads. And my settings are as permissive as it gets - I'm sure it can block 3 times that amount (but some sites will stop working if you turn the crank up too high).

But then how would I learn about that one weird trick to lower my insurance rates?

I feel like the internet has been gradually slowing down over the last 1-2 years

But then how would I learn about that one weird trick to lower my insurance rates?

9c5d188189425f7f6261727f9278c97a.jpg

Some people make the claim that "If they make the ads any worse, I'm gonna stop visiting that site."

But I've actually had to. A couple of sites take waaaay too long to load on my phone. I'm sure they'd like for me to install some app or something, but I'm not doing that either.

wunderground.com is good bad example. It used to be a great, lean, fast loading weather site. Now? I've given up on it.

It's time for it to be shut down for cleaning again.

Try a different browser like Lynx or w3m.

adblock. If the website complains that I'm blocking ads then I don't need to be there.

Back